Unit Supply

maverick13

Chieftain
So I am playing as Pachacuti (Emperor epic highlands) and suddenly saw my production going down (Not exactly but it wasn't going up either) so i hover around the production and saw that i am getting a production penalty of 50% !!! :)crazyeye:) for something called unit supply.

So i searched a little and reckon that this is something as a ceiling or a cap on total number of units/city.

But what i am unable to find is whether this production penalty applies to every thing (i.e. buildings wonders, etc).

BTW little info of the game.

I am not playing OCC (not per se but I have only one city (capital) )
I had not built that many land units, but map being highlands (no coast) all my units are land units (Nearly 20 i would guess , I just produced 1 unit myself rest are from city states)

So please if anyone know that whether it affects buildings and wonders or not??

Click the military overview page and note your supply. Every unit needs supply, this includes civilians and trade caravans/cargo ship. Supply is a function of number of cities + total population + difficulty level(I forget the exact amount). You need to either: disband some units, grow your capital, or settle another city. If you leave things as they are then you will be building everything in double the amount of time it would normally take.

Click the military overview page and note your supply. Every unit needs supply, this includes civilians and trade caravans/cargo ship. Supply is a function of number of cities + total population + difficulty level(I forget the exact amount). You need to either: disband some units, grow your capital, or settle another city. If you leave things as they are then you will be building everything in double the amount of time it would normally take.

So they do affect buildings too?

Just found another city. Only costs 500g

or invade one

Hint: invade Thebes first. Egypt will always have some world wonders. In my case they had the Hagia Sophia, red fort, globe theatre, Pisa, etc etc
It made my culture go woooooping up

So they do affect buildings too?

Yes, and wonders, settlers, units and anything else you want to produce (e.g., Worlds Fair production). Note also that civilian units (e.g., workers, settlers, work boats, missionaries, and great persons) count towards the oversupply limit.

Solutions are to disband some of those CS-gifted units (a 20-unit army seems excessive BTW, unless you're actively using it), found more cities, conquer some cities (put your army to good use), or grow your populatoin (very slow solution).

Yes, and wonders, settlers, units and anything else you want to produce (e.g., Worlds Fair production). Note also that civilian units (e.g., workers, settlers, work boats, missionaries, and great persons) count towards the oversupply limit.

Solutions are to disband some of those CS-gifted units (a 20-unit army seems excessive BTW, unless you're actively using it), found more cities, conquer some cities (put your army to good use), or grow your populatoin (very slow solution).

Thnx a lot.

Got it. I actually intend to. Just due to warmongering penalties I refrained till now.
Going to take korea now.;)

Top Bottom