Units

Great info Sandman730.

Whether we can get all those included into version 1.0 is questionable, but it's great to have for future reference. Maybe all this should tie in to our crime feature.

Going a little off topic but maybe we tie terrorism and our crime feature together somehow, since terrorism is basically an international crime. Of course, we can add it only if we have time. But defiantly something to look at after 1.0

@Sandman730- yes, for sure.

@Joecoolyo: I agree!

Maybe all this should tie in to our crime feature.

lol

Not your day my friend!

But don't feel bad, your post expanded on the idea and that is what we need!

Thanks DVS, I'm not the fastest typer in the world, and I've never really done this Forum IMing thing we've been doing for the past hour, where everyone is one is on, and all responding very quickly n'stuff. Mybe I shld strt typng lke ths lol

lol. I can understand that dude.

I sent you a PM by the way.

very nice list, I garuntee at least some of those will come in handy over the next few months.

Im not sure if this has been said, but what about the Su47? Its a russian design that is the only gen5 fighter designed outside the us. It is not currently in service, but if russia could find funding, it would be the only non-us generation5 fighter in the world. Russia would also sell the planes, making them like MiGs.

Im not sure if this has been said, but what about the Su47? Its a russian design that is the only gen5 fighter designed outside the us. It is not currently in service, but if russia could find funding, it would be the only non-us generation5 fighter in the world. Russia would also sell the planes, making them like MiGs.

sheep21 and I were talking about that unit last week. I suspect it will be a unit and license that Russia is able to unlock with a new national wonder. There is already great art for it.

We might be able to use it as Russia's UU. If not, then we could make it a unit for all civs

We might be able to use it as Russia's UU. If not, then we could make it a unit for all civs

It will be one of the many units that Russia can make, and sell licenses for that allow others to make. :D

Read the weapons licenses thread for more details on how this works.

No, we wont, there is ONE experimental fighter in existence, and it has been that way for 9 years. The SU-47 would be in if Russia pulled its finger out of its arse and finished up the R&D phase, hell, they canceled the second prototype.

This is nowhere near production (and judging by the canceling of the 2nd prototype) is not going to be any time soon. As it is we wont be having it in the game for the reasons its not in service in the world.

EDIT:
I left it out for a reason before ;)

ok, I forgot how our conversation ended

But why not have it as a unit Russia could unlock 15-20 years down the road? It does technically exist, this isn't futuristic.

I suppose, it would reflect the R&D needed to get this prototype into a front line aircraft... to give you some ide, the Eurofighter first flew in 1994 and it took till 2003 for it to enter limited service, and that was with 4 wealthy countries funding R&D.

Ok, so if we do include it, let's make it dependent on a tech that will take Russia 15-20 to build at best, much longer if they neglect research.

I was looking at the unique units/buildings listed on the Spreadsheet posted, and I saw that no Russian unique unit/buildings are listed.

Using history as a guide...I suggest creating a building that decreases war weariness in the city it is built. Something like -75% war :mad:

Unit:
Infantry units should get a 2 city defense bonuses to start, along with +10% strength.

This would represent the fact that Russia has never been successfully taken over - even though they have lost major portions of land/population, the Russian soldiers fight back and continue to fight. They took down Napoleon, and outlasted Hitler's Wehrmact and continued fighting - even when all looked lost. This would represent the city garrison promotions, and the decreased war weariness building.

Possible Russian Infantry Unit graphics: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8755

Building: I'm not sure...but why not just use the Kremlin/a variation of the Kremlin as the unique building that can be built in all cities. It is a part of Russian culture, dating all the way back to the Czars/Byzantium empire...so maybe just use the Kremlin and allow it to replace the Jail, and use it as their unique building. The Russian peoples seem to be able to take on a brunt of fighting without getting as discouraged as other militaries such as the USA. The citizens seem to take fighting hand in hand with life, and it has been a major part of Slavic history/culture.

I was looking at the unique units/buildings listed on the Spreadsheet posted, and I saw that no Russian unique unit/buildings are listed.

Using history as a guide...I suggest creating a building that decreases war weariness in the city it is built. Something like -75% war :mad:

Unit:
Infantry units should get a 2 city defense bonuses to start, along with +10% strength.

This would represent the fact that Russia has never been successfully taken over - even though they have lost major portions of land/population, the Russian soldiers fight back and continue to fight. They took down Napoleon, and outlasted Hitler's Wehrmact and continued fighting - even when all looked lost. This would represent the city garrison promotions, and the decreased war weariness building.

Possible Russian Infantry Unit graphics: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8755

Building: I'm not sure...but why not just use the Kremlin/a variation of the Kremlin as the unique building that can be built in all cities. It is a part of Russian culture, dating all the way back to the Czars/Byzantium empire...so maybe just use the Kremlin and allow it to replace the Jail, and use it as their unique building. The Russian peoples seem to be able to take on a brunt of fighting without getting as discouraged as other militaries such as the USA. The citizens seem to take fighting hand in hand with life, and it has been a major part of Slavic history/culture.

Hmm... I think we were just using the one tht it already had in the game (a laboratory of some sort) and Russia's going to be a dealer nation, with lots of UU's so don't worry about that.

Its okay dude, we're only human :D

Top Bottom