Vista and Civ 3

Melvin Gerbil

Chieftain
Greetings.

I've had significant problems trying to get this game to work on Vista and none of the solutions on the net have done the job for me. The game just crashes everytime on startup and nothing seems to fix it. I've been wanting to play for so long and it just refuses to work.:mad:

What is your screen resolution? Many netbooks and HDTVs have 600 or 720 vertical resolution which is too short for Civ III. If the screen is big enough check the install video in my sig. I tested this method on Vista and Win7.

hi , great video tut, however i still get a black screen with sound after i choose play. well actually after i choose play i get that little fortress image , then black screen and sound. i can hit escape and sound changes to the next screen... unseen though, still black. so i assume its something in the display end of it. dunno, thats why i ask :) . i tried resetting the res, and messed, litterally , with the compatability settings. the results were the same as originally stated. i run vanilla civ3 on a 3 yr old voodoo envy laptop (present from the wife, not my first choice) vista home premium, dual nvida geforce 7950 gtx.
its one of the only offline games i brought with me to germany, as i had been warned about the german net system, they were right. i love the game.....and wants to play
any ideas?

note:the editor seems to work perfectly.

Top Bottom