Warhammer Conversion Beta - Download/Debug Thread

Have you updated to BTS 3.17?

Yes.

Are you trying to play the scenarios ? I have the same problem, but only with the scenarios, generated maps work just fine.

hmm haven't tried that, i'll give it a shot, still i'd love to play the warhammer world map.. being an old fan of the board game, it's always been a dream come true to play that map! kind of nostalgic.

EDIT: EDIT2 :

reinstalled patch 3.17 and generated maps are working fine.. anybody know how to make the scenarios work?? i am dying to try the world map!!!

I wonder... couldn't the undead "Harvest" corpses to create population for their cities ? Or do they still need the living, even in their own cities, if only to produce new bones and corpses to control ?

Harvesting slain from their own combats with others sounds good... but maybe only conscript skelies or stiffs instead to bolster da troop numbers... eg. cast Animate Dead after a victim, and poff! skelie or zombie unit... or auto draft some bag of bones when you beat down an enemy (and maybe sacrifice it for science bulbs or get a crud conscript undead unit. More powerful unit maybe at certain techs)

Harvesting slain from their own combats with others sounds good...

This concept already exists in the Scions of Patria mechanics; some priest units create Awakened with 20% chance when they win a combat, and the Revenant creates a warrior unit when it wins a combat with 50% chance.

Would be pretty easy to implement some of these to create pop-building units and some kind of weak undead for some of the mummy-priest type units, or vampires creating skeletons.

That is true. If the Scions of Patria mechanics were edited to fit WH, then I'd say that'd work.

Well, heroes are certainly to come, I know. There was a thread on it that died while back.

reinstalled patch 3.17 and generated maps are working fine.. anybody know how to make the scenarios work?? i am dying to try the world map!!!

The scenarios arent working? And youre patched up with the latest Warhammer stuff (BtS, then BtS patch 3.17, then Warhammer 0.13, then Warhammer patch E)?

Scenarios are working fine for me... I like running the Warhammer With Cities map. Gives the plebs time to grab some cities...

I didn't read all 28 pages to see if this has been reported, so if this is a repeat, my apologies.

BUG: dwarven gyrocopters and deathrollers while able to be built with xp and can earn xp, have no promotions available to take.

This looks really great, and being a WH fan dosen't make it worse.
I am having a similar problem as warhead66.
When playing any of the 3 maps the game crashes often when ending a turn, I have manged to get to turn five with the wh map with cities so fare without a crash. but i have loaded and saved about 50 timers .
The random map works fine.

well it looks like a map update is in order then

EDIT: sorry ive been away for a few days, RL is quite busy... but the good kind of busy :D

Well, it's good that it's the good kinda busy. Glad the maps are gonna be updated, haven't been able to use em since I updated to 3.17.

Got this bug:

When I tried loading the scenarios after managing to play the World of Warhammer map with no problem.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0031.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0031.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 764
Fifty thousand should have a space in it from the population message.
Saw red circles instead of units for ind, but dont know what they were ment to be.
the are still FfH specific hints in the list (the ones when you start up) I got the one about ashen veil and the AC...

I am having something of a different problem with the maps. Namely with the random map generator. When i use it i end up with a map where all the resources, units, and structures are oversized. It is as if the single-unit graphics effect is on and affecting everything else (which, by the way, I do not actually have active intentionally).

However, I don't really have any problem with the scenario maps supplied with the mod, aside from occasional instances of bad memory allocation. But that could just be from having 24 some odd civilizations up at the same time.

I did come across another Big Bug though. You already know about the Tilea promotions bug, but in the course of one of my games, Tilea generated a Great General...and it kept on generating great generals in a single turn. there were 138 great generals in it's capital and about 45 in it's second city. Im having to edit Tilea out of the Scenerio map just to pre-empt that.

Bug:
Comet of Cassandra spell (Lore of Heavens III) says it is a permanent summon but only lasts 1 turn, and has only 1 strength so is largely useless.

I Press Play Now, Do Everything, Get Loading Done, Then The Weird Cinematic or watever u wanna call it and it freezes, quits out. is this because mine is a torrent with a no cd crack? i have bts 3.17 becuz i hav been usin no cd cracks after patching. can someone help?

buy the original, to support the community

Not really. Games would be expensive anyway. And if you dont have enough money to buy a game, I think it unfair that you cannot get to enjoy it. Poor people shouldn't be kept away from cultural goods.

And there is another good reason not to buy the game : when you want to try it first. I downloaded Civilization 4, and it's add-on Warlords. I used No-CDs on them. I would never have bought them out of reputation, after the bad impression Civ 3 had left on me. Well, I loved the game, and I bought Civ4, Warlords, and BtS. So, you see, there is an interest in piracy, as long as it is in a "fair use" practice. But, else, I agree, not paying for games when you really enjoy them, and you can afford to buy them, is really bad.

Oh, and another thing : I bought all three games, but I still use No-DVD cracks. One simple reason : I just hate having to switch disks when switching games...

And one last bit of information : This mod works perfectly with a legit Civ 4 BtS with last patch, and a No-CD from GameCopyWorld.com. At least, it worked perfectly for me. I hope this helps :)

Not really. Games would be expensive anyway.

Well, its unproveable either way. But I would suspect that game prices would be lower on average were companies able to sell to low-demand consumers, rather than having these consumers pirate games.

And if you dont have enough money to buy a game, I think it unfair that you cannot get to enjoy it. Poor people shouldn't be kept away from cultural goods

.... ?? What?
So, people should be able to just steal any product that they don't feel like paying for if they call it a "cultural good", whatever the hell that means.

And there is another good reason not to buy the game : when you want to try it first.

Thats what demos are for - and game reviews.

Anyway, I think the civfanatics forum, like most fan forums, takes a pretty strict line against piracy.

Top Bottom