Warhammer FB mod Teaser Pics and Call For Help

Ok I'll start the next set of buttons then,

Expect that in a few hours. because Se isn't online now I'lll post what I have so far. seZereth please give me a PM what buttons you like to work on.

uff this is more time consuming than I thought with the miniaturepics. Most of them need a colage:mad:

Btw seZereth,

feel free to modify any of the buttons I made if you think tey fit better with a different background. Like the blue for wizards. As my buttons were also posted for using them in fantasymods generally I 've no problem seeing them not as original but fb specific in the fb mod;)

Edit: right now I'm working on fantasybuildings requested by Kael. But make sure you get me that buttonlist of yours and I'll get back to units. Would like to do more chaosstuff.

Ploeperpengel said:
Btw seZereth,

feel free to modify any of the buttons I made if you think tey fit better with a different background. Like the blue for wizards. As my buttons were also posted for using them in fantasymods generally I 've no problem seeing them not as original but fb specific in the fb mod;)

Edit: right now I'm working on fantasybuildings requested by Kael. But make sure you get me that buttonlist of yours and I'll get back to units. Would like to do more chaosstuff.

i sent you a pm too, but now i read this, and what i will do is downloading your buttons and see what i can do with them. then i will leave you chaos i think and perhaps you get an awesome background color for them, you know something dark or blue or anything such with a bad moon in background... do what you want, but i suggest use the miniature pics as "template"

EDIT: here you have it ploeper ;) see the buttons and tell me what u think ;) btw, these 2 packs and the buttons in alpha represent the list ive done so far. perhaps i will do some more today, but they are human (empire and dogs of war only)

seZereth said:
i sent you a pm too, but now i read this, and what i will do is downloading your buttons and see what i can do with them. then i will leave you chaos i think and perhaps you get an awesome background color for them, you know something dark or blue or anything such with a bad moon in background... do what you want, but i suggest use the miniature pics as "template"

sure! already did for a few in my posts. and it's better than searching in the web for hours to get a picture that fits. I'm not sure if I manage to make exactly the same background everytime. I'm pretty new with the gimp and still don't know how to use it most effecent. But I'll try.

Edit: Well this is partly nonsense I write. same background is easy just doesn't always fit with the model for my taste. Oh god I'm tired:sleep:

Forgive me if it's getting confusing right now and I write again. just can't completly collect my thoughts right now. but I think it would be a good idea you send me the background layers you had in mind for the different factions as simple bmps. I think I can work with them then.:crazyeye:

Ploeperpengel said:
Forgive me if it's getting confusing right now and I write again. just can't completly collect my thoughts right now. but I think it would be a good idea you send me the background layers you had in mind for the different factions as simple bmps. I think I can work with them then.:crazyeye:

that was my thought too ;) but i dont really know about most of them ;) still trying around with it ;) but when i get clearity about it i will tell you ;) but like u said, it is useless using same background, when noone can see the unit clearly enough cause of low contrast. So i will look at it. now i have to learn chemistry again. will have access to the net tomorrow (i hope i can provide some new skins by then)

I have almost finnished writing the 'psochology' scripts in python. I will post them here soon. If anyone here has any other ideas I will try to implement them in python.

Thasis said:
I'm relatively new at the modding buisness, and clueless on graphics, but I might be able to help on some of the simpler levels.

hi there! perhaps J can assign something related to the civilopedia entries, if u are familiar with the warhammer world or like to gather information from gamesworkshop.... but you should take to J about that.

EDIT: @J_Period (and anyone playing the alpha, cappable of doing xml): you have to change the battledistance in the Artdefines file for every unit, i think to 0.15, otherwise you get this wierd meleebattles fought through 2 meters of air!

Here is what i did last night, i did Tilean Pikeman, The new Wizard Skin, a better version of the Greatsword and very late at night i tried around with the Axeman/Orc, look at the resut, its a bit wierd...

seZereth said:
Here is what i did last night, i did Tilean Pikeman, The new Wizard Skin, a better version of the Greatsword and very late at night i tried around with the Axeman/Orc, look at the resut, its a bit wierd...

I like weird stuff! If this is weird. Pleas post'em! Only thing that still disturbs me is the wizards hat. But that's part of the basemodel I suppose. :goodjob:

Those look great seZereth...(though I wonder if I could convince rabbit to replace the spear with a pike...I wish he would share that secret with us!) send em to me, and I'll put em in. I'll go make that change to the artdefines file. You're the expert ;).

The orcs look weird cuz of the lack of helmet (obviously), see if it looks better if you put a helmet in. Like the guy with the banner here: http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=302226&orignav=301036&ParentID=9312&GameNav=13
(without the horns obviously) Someday we'll get new models. I'll give it another go tommorow, when I don't have classes or work.

I also asked zodiak-productions to share their models, since they also use max. No response so far, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thasis has just joined the team as a Civilopedia writer, so we should have some entries soon.
@Lord Olleus: Send the scripts to me whenever you finish 'em. Do you have my email.

I think that's about it. If there's no more problems with the alpha, I'll post it tommorow. (woot, a post on the Modpacks forums!) Mid-next week I'll send everyone the Beta v01, for testing, which is much better...

k done rambling.
j

@seZereth oh yeah, and ps, every unit I get a skin for, but aren't used in the races that are playable I put in as mercenaries, so you don't have to limit yourself to just tileans and empire. Maybe elven swordsmen from Rabbit's maceman with a sword?

If u get to the translations let me know.
Can help u with german Danish and Norwegian
Havent tried yur mod yet but i ll have a look on it in a couple of days

Just 4 Buttons this night,

Black Pyramid
Brewery
Griffongate(this one I had to paint from scratch, no motive found, promise me you'll never look at it at a larger scale, still have to lern about the gimp)
Stimpi:)D )
sorry no screens (reached 498kb like it is)

pm me after dl need to delete some files here on forum

Btw just working on a scorceress based on the female settler. managed to isolate the model but the animation sucks. A prophet just shakes his head and does nothing but this one kneels(!) in a fight. Tis kind of weird. Couldn't we use a reskinned female for a Darkelf scorceress in the mod? what do you think JP, seZereth any idea how to make this one more nicely?

Thasis said:
I have gotten a few Skaven unit civlopedia entries. I'm not nearly done all of the skaven unit entries though so I'll reserve posting what I have untill I have all of the unit entries.

I think we won't have any skaven so soon in the Mod so take your time:)
Or did I miss some news?
Edit: wait did I read correctly ? You wanna do all the entries in one run?:eek:

Top Bottom