Warpstorm Watercolor Terrain

It's beautiful. But....saltpeter is hard to see. Also, the railroad still looks like a crappy railroad. Do you a mod where every luxury/resource is clearly visible on every type of terrain? Where can you download the latest version?

Actually, Saltpeter is easier to see than the previous version, especially over desert. The JPEG conversion messed some things up.

I don't mind the rails, but then I never did. They look about like aerial photos of the road/rail net.

Well, RufRydyr, it seems that you will eventually be able to "download" it from the PtW CD.

Warpstorm has been conspicuously silent about any opportunity to get our hands on his work before that. I don't know any more than that so I'll leave you to your own conclusions.

Btw, inclusion in PtW does not explain why warpstorm won't release a version now that has no PtW specific content. It should not be too difficult to do.

Originally posted by RobO
Gamespot wants me to pay for that info. I'd rather not do that. Perhaps you could enlighten me, RufRydyr?

That's weird. It's just one of the pages referred to on the main civfanatics page today.

It just shows warpstorm's watercolor mod as being part of the PTW.

I think Warpstorm's creation is fantastic. It along with Snoopy's has inspired me to create my own Modpack. I highly suggest using Photoshop to create these graphics. There are just so many things built into PS that make it perfect for art creation for this game. That is what I am using and I have managed to do all of the Grassland tiles in about 2 hrs.

Warpstorm, how did you get selected to be included in the PTW expansion pack? Did they contact you or did you contact them?

Thanks and great job buddy!:goodjob:

I contacted them a while back with a early version (before I learned how to use Photoshop :D ), when they were asking for submissions.

Originally posted by warpstorm
I contacted them a while back with a early version (before I learned how to use Photoshop :D ), when they were asking for submissions.

So, did you get fame and fortune out of it or just fame?

No fortune.

most likely the same reason why you cant have a version of Firaxis` in house made terrain, because they are a company and it wouldnt be the smartest business idea releasing features before the expansion is even released.

But the terrain looks great! I just hope cities or babr camps dont look to out of place in it...

I redid the cities and camps and, and, and, to match.

Originally posted by werdhertz
most likely the same reason why you cant have a version of Firaxis` in house made terrain, because they are a company and it wouldnt be the smartest business idea releasing features before the expansion is even released.
That would be true for a company like Firaxis, but warpstorm doesn't run a company unless I'm mistaken, and he recently stated that his return for this is fame, not fortune.
DyP is not on the PtW CD (was pulled off at the last minute) but even if it was, that wouldn't stop us from publishing a version with no PtW specific content before PtW is out.

I am seriously considering releasing a version without the PTW specific tiles.

Warpstorm,

All I can say about your terrain graphics is

WE'RE NOT WORTHY, WE'RE NOT WORTHY !!

I am looking forward to setting up the LoTR Mod and using your terrain with it.

Now to redo some of the units and other settings with the PtW editor. Then I should have a fairly good wargame setup in addition to the diplomacy and commerce. That should only take most of the winter to finish...

Thanks for your efforts and keep playing with the graphics. The next thing we could use is some more types of palace types.

D.

Top Bottom