Welcome to Revolution!

Looks most excellent! Now, uh, where do I download this???.......

And this works with BTS? Because the step-by-step instructions only mention the Warlords folders.

For the latest version, in the link at the top of that page, do I move it into the BTS directory? I'll try that first.

EDIT: It worked, it's all good.

Oh no! The new options like adding a new civ and such don't seem to work!

I have tried using the Ctrl-Shift-P to add a new player, but when I press them, nothing seems to happen. This also probably means other features aren't working properly, too. For example, the change player one doesn't work, either.

I've read a bit more about the Barbarian mod and it looks like I may have to activate these options somehow. Is this true if I got the whole package here? The screen popup at reload says all of the mod components are functioning and in use by the game. However, the GlobalDefinesAlt says in several places "<!-- this option is not implemented. Use Revolution CTRL-SHIFT-L" Or it says to use CTRL-SHIFT-P. It says both of these things twice in the XML file.

I don't know how exactly to "implement" these or anything. I'm clueless.

How do I get these to work?

Wait! I checked the World Builder and several new civs HAVE been created! However, I'm not sure if this is due to the natural settling of Barbarians into civs or if I did something that caused these new civs to spring up. I notice that I cannot choose what to name the new civ or any details of it. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be able to do that, though.

The new leader option doesn't seem to be working as well. Or, it might be, but I just don't realize it. The minor nations might be changing leaders.

Also, I saw it was mentioned that you could, "build a huge empire," then take control of a rebel civ for awhile before switching back. I don't know how to do this, either.

I'm still having trouble with it because:

1) The new options like changing a leader or making a new civ don't seem to be working.

2) I don't know how to switch to another civ.

3) I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if I have to enable something in the XML files, or whatever. Which makes me more confused!

Please Help!

This modpack is what Civ 4 should be. If there was only a way to combine this with Gods of Old, then we'd have the game of the century.

LeHam: The "New Civ" option doesn't allow you to add a new civ - it allows you to change which civ you're controlling, in essence changing which player you are.

Ahhhh. But I don't understand how to do that, either. I press ctrl-shift-L and ctrl-shift-P and nothing seems to happen.

You need to enable player switching in the Revolution Ini file.

You need to enable player switching in the Revolution Ini file.

Oh, CRAP. That means I have to go delving into the game files, right? Do they instructions on how to do that somewhere?

Go the Revolutions mod folder. There will be a file called Revolutions.ini . Open it up with notepad or wordpad. Find where it says something like "enable player switching" (it's not a big file and there's no code in there, just plain English, so it shouldn't take very long) and change the 0 to a 1. Save the file and load up the mod as usual.

Go the Revolutions mod folder. There will be a file called Revolutions.ini . Open it up with notepad or wordpad. Find where it says something like "enable player switching" (it's not a big file and there's no code in there, just plain English, so it shouldn't take very long) and change the 0 to a 1. Save the file and load up the mod as usual.

All I found that looked like it was the right one was under the title "Changeplayer."
It was already set to "Enable=True" Debug was on "False," and I changed it to, "True," although I don't know what it does.

Pressing CTRL-SHIFT-P/L still doesn't seem to work.

Yay! It worked! Thanks!

Hi all,

I've download this mod a week ago, and discovers an enterely new game for me.

I've reviewed this post, and i've found that there was some efforts to translate it to spanish.

Since I pickup the latest version (3.19) and there isn't spanish lenguage available, I suppose that the work is still incomplete.

So, I take all the xml files in the Revolution\Assets\XML\Text folder, and I started the translation.

I don't have any problems playing the mod in English, but I suppose there will be more Spanish players if the mod is available also in Spanish, so i want to contribute :D

Getting more translations would be most excellent. German and Italian translations have been being posted in this thread here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=329327

I know it's titled "German Translations", but we all will check that thread and update the SVN quickly if you post any translations you make in there. If you can it would be very helpful for you to use the SVN to post your translations from, as there are some text changes that are in the SVN, and this changes quite a bit due to updating the BUG components. If you are unfamiliar with how to use the SVN, you can check out this thread: LoR SVN which has step by step instructions on how to get the SVN working for users with no experience with it. The location of RevDCM's link is different from what's on that thread (as that thread is for LoR), the RevDCM SVN location is here:
https://revolutiondcm.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/revolutiondcm/Trunk/RevolutionDCM/

Ooook, it's a bit confusing for me, since I don't know what it's SVN

Did you say that the files i take from Revolution Mod are used over other mods?

If so, i don't have any problems posting them here or there.

If not, and there is other files to translate, I don't have any problems doing that, but one step at a time :D

Top Bottom