WH Version 1.4 Bug Thread

I get that GFC despite the 1.4a fix. I installed 1.4 into BTS\Mods as per the instructions. Then when i got the GFC error i installed the 1.4a patch, and still got a GFC error. I am pretty sure i installed it correctly.

I read that renaming the file to just "warhammer" fixes the problem, ill test that and let you know.

I wound up re-installing 1.3 because that version works right for me. Wonder if it is possible to have both 1.3 and 1.4 as separate mods.

BTW Kudos for keeping the project alive :)

Should be a new version in a couple of weeks.
It will be a standalone version (entirely separate download), you should never try to install new versions "over" old versions except for patches.

Should be a new version in a couple of weeks.
It will be a standalone version (entirely separate download), you should never try to install new versions "over" old versions except for patches.

Good to hear :)

Yea i figured it was standalone. I just wanted to be sure.

Yes renaming the mod folder to just "Warhammer" fixes the problem. Shes running fine now :)

Hi,

I just installed the 1.4, good to see you guys are still working on this :)

The install went smoothless this time, but I seem to have encountered a problem: When I'm in a game, I pretty much only get the map and the units, cities, etc on it. Ie there's no advisors in the top right corner, and no information bar on the bottom. Is there something I'm missing here?

As the Empire I am only able to build the Bright College, even though I can research other magic techs for other colleges I can not build them. The pedia says I can have 3 of these colleges, but am I limited really to only one?

As the Bretonnians I can not build any colleges even though I can research them and have the prerequisites built/researched.

Is this a known issue?

If not am I missing something on how to build them?

I noticed in the xml that the default college is the Amber college which I assume has no effect on the fact that it is the only college that can be built. As far as I know I do not have patch A as the link is not there and I do not know where to get patch B that is mentioned.

By the way I find this to be an awesome mod and really enjoy it.

edited: I made a mistake on the college name.

This sounds strange, I'll try to test it.
Are you sure that another civ didn't beat you to the wonder?
I think the design intention is: any of the factions that can build colleges can build any of them (subject to tech/building requirements), but they can only build a maximum of 3.

There have been several changes to how the colleges were handled, I don't recall what state they were left in for 1.4.

Ahriman: I tried this in world builder as well, giving myself all the techs and buildings needed and the only national wonder (celestial College) that showed up was the Bright College. For Bretonnians I could not get any to show and they do not have access to Lore of Fire. It would seem that only the Bright College (lore of Fire) is working. Same for Estilians. Other factions (Chaos) does not require a college to use the same magic and they can use the magic without problems. I tried to figure out where in the XML the other colleges are being blocked but any changes I made would cause XML errors, even though I left the tags in place.

The tech access has definitely changed since then, and possibly the building requirements.

I'll test this in the (not yet available) latest build.

im pretty sure it does, im running vista. (its actually funny, there was a bug that was only showing up on XP which no one could reproduce, that was what the delay was from, so for once XP spat the dummy instead of vista :lol: )

Hi,

I'm on XP, and the game, once patched with patch "a", indeed crashes. This occurs during the loading of the XML files.

I've got a debugger at home, but without the sourcecode, I couldn't do much. However, I could see the error happened on a "RET" assembly instruction, thus, I wonder whether something emptied the stack (thus removing the return adress, and causing the error).

Maybe commenting (or ripping out ot the files) portions of the XML code could help find the origin of the bug ?

Would the game crash if some XML files were removed, or replaced by "dummies", containing only a root tag ?

Oh, and another possible explanaition for the crash happening on XP, and not on Vista, could be that Microsoft made a "hack" to prevent some crashes on some occurences, like a tag that wouldn't be properly closed, or something like that... and put it on Vista only.

Thus, I would bet the problem comes from a bad XML file, and not a bad program or OS :)

there are plenty comment tags in civ-xml files that have 'unclosed' tags like:
Code:
code
<!--some comment-->
this code also commented
instead of <!-- enclosed comment -->
but they are accepted in vanilla code, so I always assumed they were innocuous.
Some extra of these unclosed comments are inside animal-units 'yields from kill' tags.
but again: this has always been accepted.

interesting observation kzwix, you seem to be quite knowledgable about this kind of thing. if i sent you the sourcecode would you be able to help out? (id need to know how to access the source code first though :p)

Removing the xml files would cause civ to use the default BtS ones, messing up any references.
replacing the xmls with dummy files would have the same effect.

A faulty xml usually has the effect of an error message mentioning this, followed by popups for ALL entries for that file that were invallidated by the error.

I think he's referring to unpacking the SDK etc, PL
Which can be done with the unpacker provided by Firaxis and the SDK toolkit or whatever, straight from the mod itself, no need for 'source files'... if we even got any.

Top Bottom