What happen if you start as the Infernal then someone tries to summon the Infernal?

janescivfanatic

Chieftain
Hello! I just started getting into this mod about two weeks ago and I am absolutely loving the experience.

Anyway after my super ultra evil Sheaim game where I summoned the Infernal and try to destroy the world with them, I decided that I want to try starting as the Infernal for the next game, and try my best to stay low, while raising the AC as much as possible and watch society crumbles all around me while I cackle maliciously in my evil lair.

So now I'm curious, what would happen if you set the Infernal as playable from the start then someone (aka me) tries to summon them again? Will another Infernal civ shows up with different color or something like that?

Without looking into the code, I'd surmise that's the most likely result. However, the new Infernals wouldn't have access to Hyborem, because only one is allowed in any game, and you'd have had him from the beginning.

As an aside, having Hyborem (or Basium) from year 0 would be grossly overpowered, not to mention all of those manes you'll be collecting while other civs have to devote resources to building units.

Now I'm wondering if we'd both lose our leader traits if Hyborem dies...I'll add him to my To-kill list. But anyway thanks for answering my question!

While I'm at it, I can also try to figure out if we'd both get manes for evil units killed, etc.

Anyway so far so good. I built Hyborem and made him sit in Dis and do nothing. Played a card game and lost. All is well in the peaceful land of the Infernal.

Also overpowered if the Infernals come in on year 0: "Each of your cities will start with: Ashen Veil Religion, Elder Council, Training Yard, Obsidian Gate, Forge, Mage
Guild & Demonic Citizens."

Just the Obsidian Gates alone would enable me to steamroll all other civs.

I thought the "demonic citizens" is always there in Infernal cities and you can't to build them, no?

Other than that I agreed I am feeling completely OP right now in my game, which is actually really weird to me because I'm always trying to catch up to the AI. Now I'm not even feeling threatened.

I may not have thought this through. Oh well.

Top Bottom