whats better a cordless mouse or a normal mouse?

Highgeneral

Gone forever!
ok i just go a new mouse and keyboard with no cord (you know the new kind).And i droped the mouse on the floor DAMN i hate that! With my old mouse i could grab the cord and pull it up "so easy",but now i have to reach all the way down and pick up the damn mouse!! Well the new mouse is cool a 4 way turn wheel ,two buttons on the side to go back and forth, a red light under it etc. well what do you people like most the old cord mouse or the new cordless ones?

I have a cordless mouse (but not optical as yours seem to be). And I must say I like not having to deal with the cord. It's a little more expensive since it requires batteries, but I think it's definately worth it.

I don't think I've ever dropped the mouse on the floor, with or without a cord. Not even in the most intense FPS games...

I'm sure a mod will move this to the computer forum soon...

Anyway, I like the cordless mice if they come with a charging cradle and some measure of protection against radio interference/eavesdropping. I couldn't get one to work with my keyboard/video/mouse switcher so I'm back to a corded one, which is fine - optical mice are a huge improvement over the balled kind.

I use a corded optical mouse. Having a cord is no real issue for me; however I will echo IglooDude's comments and say ditch the ball type mouse, optical is far better.

Moved to computer Forum.

Please try to post threads in the right place HG.

i don't really have problems with cords.

so i'd say the normal mouse is better, as it's cheaper.

I have an optical cordless mouse and it sucks bigtime, so I'll just stick to my old Intellimouse :love:.

Maybe it would work better if changed mouse mat?

I have had my cordless optical mouse for about a month now and I've had no problems at all with it. :thumbsup:

I also have a cordless keyboard and wLAN. Great. I hate cables and such.

Iggy said:
I use a corded optical mouse. Having a cord is no real issue for me; however I will echo IglooDude's comments and say ditch the ball type mouse, optical is far better.

I agree completely.

Corded Optiacal. It works fine, except my cord occaisionally gets annoying. I have heard that people have troubles with the cordless mouses, some games don't work so well, etc.

I use corded optical mice. They work fine enough for me. I can't afford to be repacing wireless mice every month - I easily break one a month! :mischief:

Cordless optical. Works fine for me. The only issue I have is that it drains so many batteries in no time.

I have a cordless keyboard and mouse... I love em! I can kick back in my comfy chair with the keyboard on my lap and the mouse on the arm, and just chill. Much better than hunching forward squinting at the screen.

I've got a wireless optical mouse. Had it for a couple of months and the batteries are only just getting low. :)

I prefer it over a corded mouse, it's just so much easier to without having to worry about a cord. It's a bluish Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0.

Was quite a bit cheaper than some of the other wireless optical mice on the market too, if I remember right.

It depends. If you play multiplayer games like Counter-Strike, corded mouse is definitely better. It's more sensitive and easier to control than cordless mouse.

I have been using a cordless mouse for like 3 or 4 years. I need to change batteries every few month, which can be expensive... the cost is probably over $100 already.

I do not understand the obsession with a cordless things...I mean, I feel some security in having a secure cord from my mouse to the computer. Don't you? It's always gonna work unless the cord is cut or something. Same with the keyboard and monitor.

I was kind of unnerved when I touched someone's cordless mouse for the first time. It was like...wow...I could move the mouse whereever I want and the cursor will move...

Someone needs to come out with a cordless computer. Now just wireless internet but hooked to electricity by tesla coil.

I say a cordless optical.I use a logitech mx700 and its a superb mouse and comes with it's own charger.I have been a gamer for years online and i used to use one of the original Razor boomslangs but i wouldnt go back to that one now.
I used a tomshardware review of this one which was tested by one of the Q3 lads and he raved about it.I haven't been disapointed.

I have a cordless optical mouse. I also like to play FPS games (mostly battlefield: vietnam). I've had no problems with it whatsoever. I hate cords, they always get in the way of everything and they were the biggest killer of all my hardware when playing FPS games. To each their own I guess.

Top Bottom