What's worse than AI Korea getting it's own secluded continent to start on?

Hiawatha having his own continent and meeting all the relevant folks before you could do anything to him.

Yes, Hiawatha Island is an impenetrable fortress.

Depends - if his own island is near your side of the continent and you are doing decently... well, that just means that Hiawatha isn't going to do well.:D

The problem is when... he starts meeting folks from a 5-civ continent, and he is on the other side of the world for one to get there speedily.

So is Washington, that guy gets his own continent (eventually even) he quickly becomes a force to be recokned with.

Hmm...

Spoiler :

Ah, that brings back memories. The days when I was still squeaking on King and found it so hard I would go back to Prince. Great times

Korea is one of the better science AIs when they can get established. Personally, I'm thrilled since it keeps my game more interesting post Astronomy.

Another one that's good at science is the Persian AI; but they are a bit different: Persia AI gets good at science going / conquering wide while Korean AI gets good at science playing tall.

IMO being surrounded by Genghis, Attila, Monty, and Alex is worse.

Yeah, the early going could be rough with that lot.

I recently got put in the middle of Bismark, Hiawatha, Korea, and Napolean. Whats worse is that on the far end of the map were Napolean and Korea. So they had relatively isolated starts, just having to wipe one Civ out each.

Meanwhile I had Hiawatha and Bismark to deal with. Of course each of them turned aggressive at about the same time with their UU's. By the time I was done with them my forces were dwindling...

Meanwhile Napolean had finished off his competing Civ (Rome), grown huge, and had legionnaires. Great time to backstab me. He made headway on my continent but I eventually beat him back. I would have been able to hold him off if not for Korea.

They had polished of the Maya and were at the opposite side of the map from the conflict with Napolean. The only question that remained for me was who to give all of my cities to in the peace deal.

The trouble with your crew would be the early going. With the lot I drew, it was one after another lining up to take me out.

I just retired from a really goofy iso-start game, and it revealed some interesting facts about a neighboring continent

Sejong was on a roll with Great Library and Statue of Zeus:

Spoiler :

But by the time my caravels got to that continent, I was meeting someone else instead, and he was spamming a bajallion cities. Rarely if ever saw the names "Erech" or "Eliasar":

Spoiler :

But truly, what is worse than a Hiawatha on his own lonely island and entering Indu at T174?

A Hiawatha on a crowded continent with Keshiks

Spoiler :

Top Bottom