• Napoleon

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Man Musa

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Julius

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I definitely hate Mansa Musa the most. His UU makes him difficult to conquer before cats unless you have praets or overwhelming numbers. He also techs at a ridiculous rate compared to most other AIs. Also whenever he isn't a major world player he becomes an obnoxious toady and wants to vassalize himself to any major power. If you decline him he'll often vassalize himself to an AI which you are warring or if you accept him as your vassal and end up warring with someone you don't necessarily want to at the moment only to find Mansa withdrawing from vassalage ten turns later.

It's noteworthy that the leading contenders (Montezuma, Isabella, Mansa Musa, Alexander, Tokugawa) are the only leaders available for their respective civs. I don't usually handpick my opponents, I always open with "custom game" but leave most slots open to random. However, if I'm not in the mood for Catherine's or Genghis's crap, I can select Stalin or Kublai as opponents and guarantee that Catherine and Genghis won't be in the game, while still leaving the bulk random. That option isn't available for the Most Hated Leaders™. It also doesn't work if you want no Russians at all.

That sort of back-door de-selection would be made easier by a different approach to selecting opponents. Rather than selecting a specific leader or a "random" leader with no qualifications, it would make more sense (and be more user-friendly) to qualify the random selection. You could indicate that certain leaders or even civs must not be included in the pool. It would probably be very easy to implement, I imagine.

The point is that we need to be able to exclude these bastards without handpicking every other opponent. It should work with traits as well, like "exclude all protective leaders" or "include all spiritual leaders" or whatever.

It is very late and I'm not strictly sober and I think that the coherence of this post probably reflects that, but I hope I got my point across. :sleep:

you sure did. Id want to see a random Trait association when starting a custom game. all leaders get some random traits, forget about those 'forbiden' ones, if someone does join the game with Financial and Organized, then you should adjust your Diplomatic strategy arcodingly.

The point is that we need to be able to exclude these bastards without handpicking every other opponent. It should work with traits as well, like "exclude all protective leaders" or "include all spiritual leaders" or whatever.

I find myself doing this in most of my games now, I simply made a mod folder with a custom XML leaderhead info file, with leaders like Mansa Musa missing. This way I can still leave everything random and not have to worry about having any of those jerks in my game.

I dont like Mana Musa for being too advance all the time and I dont like Victoria for being too ugly

Only Bismarck, Fredrick, Elizibeth, Zedong, Peter and Washington are not hated, Lets see who can still not be hated!

Nobody hates Elizabeth? I only hate Mansa Musa and Huayna Capac more.
She is another annoying techwhore, even worse most of her techs she can trade are redded out.

I guess I am one of four.. I hate Louis he is a teching, border pushing, wonder hogging, aggressive pain to me.

I voted Cathy, because she always hates you, no matter what. Even when she's 'Friendly', she's still looking for the first opportunity to sour relations with some kind of outrageous demand, or to send wave after wave of Cossacks pouring across your border. And then there's the decidedly unappealing combination of aggressive flirting and physical violence you get when talking to her.

My policy is never to let the manipulative witch see out the game. I've even carried on after a victory, just to rain down nuclear death upon her. It's the principle of the thing; I really don't like being alternately seduced and slapped around (she reminds me of a particularly odious ex-girlfriend of mine in that respect).

Cathy's a hot babe, I always give her everything she wants no questions asked. I'm a masochist, so I kinda like it when she abuses me ;)

I hate Ghandi, my first 5 matches in CIV that involved Ghandi, I kissed his ass the ENTIRE game, but he never became friendly with me. Come election time, he ALWAYS voted for my opponent. Can't stand that guy...

Still happens nearly every match to this day actually...

I can't stand Louis personally... The guy drives me nuts, his borders are always spreading a lot and he is untrustworthy...

I actually like Monty and Izzy though. Both are fun to play with because you know how they'll respond. You just have to keep them busy with other people. Before Monty declares war on you, just trade him some tech to declare war on someone else and he'll usually do it. This is by far the best way to get a warmonger off your back.

I don't discriminate "I hate everybody"........

Worst enemies
1. Isabella
2. Alexander
3. Tokugawa
4. Shaka
5. Catherine (pretty, but annoying)

Best friends
1. Hatshepsut
2. Montezuma
3. Qin Shi Huang
4. Churchill
5. Mehmed II

I'd put Wang Kon first. He always techs up, but unlike Mansa, he's protective so is a pain to take out.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I voted Washington... I am tired of being Friendly with him, yet he won't even trade me a world map because he does not like me enough.

Whats wrong with civs that attack you? They give your units experience and all which lets you customize them in cool ways. I love monty. If you dont wanna bother with a war then his tribute demands are not usually unreasonable. the civs i HATE are the ones with these nasty creativity so their stupid borders expand and take all your resources and when you cant stand it anymore and decide to destroy them you lose absolutely all your trade routes and it takes friggen forever to march in their lands. Also those obnoxious industrious civs who steal all the wonders that you actually need. Stupid civs that steal my colossus even tho they have only 1 or 2 crappy coastal cities.

Top Bottom