While We Wait: (Almost) Anything Goes

Funny, because Tolni over in IOT was surprised that character limit had gone considerably. So much so that he could fit his entire update in a single post (and it is quite massive).

I mean if it's not true that the character limit has been decreased then good, great, no problem.

Well, Thlayli and I just have our fingers crossed for the return of glorious blue!

I just want the forum to be as easily readable as it was. The current shape of the posts (divisions especially) makes everything blend together in a bad way.

Oddly, it looks way better on mobile.

The separation between posts is rather minimal and hard to notice on the PC, didn't check on mobile yet...

On mobile the user avatar and details show up above the post rather than on the side, so the division is very clear

I wonder if global forum activity has been substantially improved or decreased from the switch.

If CFC can't even get a boost from Civ6, then it truly is dead.

If CFC can't even get a boost from Civ6, then it truly is dead.

I really didn't expect to feel any hype from Civ 6, but it genuinely does look better than 5 (at least vanilla) in so many ways.

We should do a Civ 6 multiplayer S&T thread as a recruitment tool for NESing! Iggy and I both came out of Civ 3 S&T, if you'll believe it.

Although I guess there's nothing in theory that keeps us from doing this for 5. And I guess we might want to have active NESes for people to actually join. >_>

Last edited:
I arrived with Civ5, which is great after the expansions. Vanilla Civ6 however, seems to have pretty much everything civ5 had after BNW aside from the World Congress, and generally feels better (judging from press-release playthroughs).

Press release playthroughs, of course, need to be taken with a big grain of salt. They're advertisements, they're tech demos, and the game's working to show its best face. The general trend with grand strategy games is, with each new iteration, you tend to see a reduction in complexity and features, which slowly get re-added with expansions of DLC. I suspect that release Civ 6 will be a bit buggy and threadbare, in comparison to end-stage Civ 5 BNW.

I wonder if this is a good time to finally buy Civ5 + all the expansions? Will it actually cost more money right now?

By press release playthroughs I mean youtube gamers who play it through over and over to the end. There is a bajillion series out there already, I usually follow quill18 and his impression is very positive. He's been livestreaming it for like 20 hours in the last week and it has crashed exactly once. Now the game setup possibilities are limited, and he seemed to win too easily even for Prince dificulty, but it looks really solid.

Edit: As I said, the World Congress is the only thing that really seems lacking. Sutely they will find stuff to add, too, but all in all it is a much more complete game than Civ5 was for a long long time, and a different one too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom