Why am I always Dan Quayle?

bedowin

Chieftain
I just got the game last week. I finally got my first Warlord skill level victory via Space Race Victory.

I finally got "Eth the Unready"; second from worst person to be like. Do you have to just completely obliterate your opponents to get higher and higher or do you think there is something this noob is missing?

I wouldn't read too much into them, a victory is a victory after all. IIR its all absed on average score. The higher the score the better the grade.

On the subject, with whom will Shaka and Augustus be replaced in the rankings with the coming of Warlords?

Go to the standings screen and see your ranking of everything (Life Expectancy, Population, etc.). You might be winning even if you are in last place in certain categories (I'm always behind on Life Expectancy for some reason, I think you need like 0 sickness in every city), but if you maintain being the best throughout the entire game and win beautifully, you'd up your ranking.

To get a good score, you need to :-
1. Have a large population.
2. Own as much land as you can get.
3. Build all the wonders you can.
4. Develop all the techs that you can.
5. Win as soon as you possibly can - this is vital.
6. Do all the above at as high a difficulty level as possible.
You can see how you're doing by mousing over your score in the lower right corner of the screen (unless this option is off). Simple, really. Not so simple is how you achieve these ideals, so read the strategy threads and guides.

I rarely get a good ranking whenever I don't win by domination or conquest. Since the other victories cannot be accomplished as quickly, domination and conquest seem to give the highest scores (at least this has been my experience). Really though, it doesn't matter - a win is a win.

I got Augustus the other day!

I always assumed you had to be successful militarily, whereas I'd only had one early war, then five millenia of peace...

Silver Marmot said:
I rarely get a good ranking whenever I don't win by domination or conquest. Since the other victories cannot be accomplished as quickly, domination and conquest seem to give the highest scores (at least this has been my experience). Really though, it doesn't matter - a win is a win.

Also on other victories this is quite possible. I have reached Caesar Augustus several times by cultural or diplomatic wins on Monarch.

Military victories sure help, you have a higher game score and end the game faster : I once won by domination on a large or huge continents map (Rome, praets, overkill...) in the 1850's and scored 25k, ending as Augustus for the first time. I usually win by space victory in the 1900s and never scored more than 8k this way.

Rank Leader Score
1 Augustus Caesar > 15,000
2 Hammurabi 14,000 - 14,999
3 Abraham Lincoln 13,000 - 13,999
4 Charlemagne 12,000 - 12,999
5 Winston Churchill 11,000 - 11,999
6 Nelson Mandela 10,500 - 10,999
7 Emperor Constantine 10,000 - 10,499
8 Shaka Zulu 9,500 - 9,999
9 Charles de Gaulle 9,000 - 9,499
10 Simón Bolívar 8,500 - 8,999
11 Lech Wałęsa 8,000 - 8,499
12 Ivan the Terrible 7,500 - 7,999
13 Henry VIII 7,000 - 7,499
14 Herbert Hoover 6,500 - 6,999
15 Louis XVI 6,000 - 6,499
16 Neville Chamberlain 5,500 - 5,999
17 Nero 5,000 - 5,499
18 Warren G. Harding 4,000 - 4,999
19 Ethelred the Unready 3,000 - 3,999
20 Dan Quayle < 3,000

karlhegna, are you kidding? Is that meant to imply that Firaxis/Civ4 considers a 15,000 point score an exceptional score and anything above that is beyond exceptional? Strange. A player can get 20-30K by just doing a "no-thrills" noble small map conquest rush.

Watiggi

The highest score in my hall of fame, by far, is a quechua domination win on Warlord. I play on Prince now trying to work up, and it looks like that one will be at the top for the foreseeable future. Oh well. I guess difficulty level is its own reward.

Well if its only 15k and above they should rejig the system as i always get around 30k on domination wins on monarchy.

I always get Caesar now! I'm so proud. I used to get the bottom guy. I've never gotten anything in between. and What's this about removing Caesar and The Zulu? That's just wrong...

Heh, I remember I had to look Dan Qualye up on the internet. I seriously had no clue who he was. Clever, Firaxes.

So how do we change the historical names linked within " Rank Leader Score " where is this information stored ?

Instant_Cereal said:
Heh, I remember I had to look Dan Qualye up on the internet. I seriously had no clue who he was. Clever, Firaxes.
It's nice to know he's doomed to be a footnote in the annals of history, at best. :lol:

You know, I am going to Google Danny right now...

Haha, he can't spell putado:lol: ...wait.

Top Bottom