1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Will G&K Be like Beyond the Sword was for Civ 4?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Rowzdower, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Rowzdower

Rowzdower Chieftain

Mar 16, 2011
    Meaning, will it have a set of popular mods such as Rhyes and Fall, random events, regrowing forests, some more scenarios like ww2? I hope its not the same old civ 5/
  2. anandus

anandus Errorist

Oct 27, 2005
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    No, unknown, no and no.

The scenarios included are:
    * Rise Fall of the Roman Empire
    * Medieval scenario
    * A steampunk scenario

And there are already a lot of mods out for Civ5, check the mod browser :)

also keep in mind that G&K is only the first expanions.
    There's a big chance there'll be more scenarios in the future, either through future DLC or future expanions.
  3. theadder

theadder Chieftain

Feb 17, 2012
    I think that Rhye's and Fall perhaps has more to do with the DLL? The last that I heard it was in development, anyway.

A little bit odd I think that they are adding all of the World War I units and yet the scenarios are either substantially pre-industrialisation, or in an alternative Victorian era.

One of the World Wars ought to have been included. Preferably World War II and the inclusion of Churchill; I suppose that it isn't helped by the fact that they opted for Elizabeth over Churchill and for Washington over Roosevelt.
  4. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

Jan 28, 2011
    right. The majority of the 'big' mods came out after they had time to play with the .dll and make significant changes. So with the .dll coming out (some year), that's more likely the point where the transformative mods will start appearing.

otherwise, provided GaK has decent testing/design/development, it will come close to the BtS level for an expansion improving the overall game (Ie - playing with the expansion is better than playing vanilla).
  5. Agent327

Agent327 Chieftain

Oct 28, 2006
    In orbit
    Looks more like Warlords with a twist (steampunk?!) to me. :p
  6. wobuffet

wobuffet Barbarian

Jun 27, 2011
    Random events is one of several hundred significant improvements made in Thal's Vanilla Enhanced Mod. :)
  7. albie_123

albie_123 Modding In Secret

Mar 12, 2010
    Sydney, NSW
    Not sure about the rest, but we already have a popular mod and random events with Thals mod. ;)

EDIT: Didn't see Wobuffet's post. Whoops. Oh well, more glory for Thal! :D