Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the colony part of cities in development ever going to come to this mod or its own separate mod? Great work on ALL of your mods by the way, but I have some compatibility issues with the Cities in Development mod and a couple of my favorites.

Is the colony part of cities in development ever going to come to this mod or its own separate mod? Great work on ALL of your mods by the way, but I have some compatibility issues with the Cities in Development mod and a couple of my favorites.

No, Colonies will remain part of CID. If you specify what issues you're having, we can probably find a solution...

I don't know if this is a feature or not but I notice that barbarians get the galleass from the start of the game. They can really cause havoc trying to clear coastal barbarian encampments. It also makes scouting unknown coast by scouts a very risky undertaking is this a bug or a feature?
ps. I'm using the latest 9/19/2016 release of the CBO. (finally a version stable enough to play)

I think this posts to EXCE: several resource icons do not appear in the strategic view: obsidian, vanilla, and sulphur. The resource is present on the hex and is improvable. This may not be an exhaustive list.

I think this posts to EXCE: several resource icons do not appear in the strategic view: obsidian, vanilla, and sulphur. The resource is present on the hex and is improvable. This may not be an exhaustive list.

Not seeing this?

Spoiler :

Not seeing this?

Spoiler :

No, I'm not -- literally stumbled on a "vanilla" when a worker landed on the hex and was able to build a plantation. This is off a completely new wipe and reinstall everything (including EXCE v18) as of two days ago.

Hey JFD.. Yes, its me again.. I know... But I can't play Civ 5 with your mods, I just can't, for a VERY long time and you keep saying "update to the latest vox thingy" and I tell you I DID, it it is the latest and I never get help at the end.. I always upload the files like I need to but still no help.

So yeah, for a VERY long time, I still have the corporations window opening on launch of a new game and is stuck there with no way to close it. All is latest version..

I again put the files in the attached ZIP, it has the Lua, Database and XML files from my latest launch.

I updated all mods and the Vox pack TODAY.

Attachments

• PleaseHelpJFD.zip
    27.1 KB · Views: 51
Hey JFD.. Yes, its me again.. I know... But I can't play Civ 5 with your mods, I just can't, for a VERY long time and you keep saying "update to the latest vox thingy" and I tell you I DID, it it is the latest and I never get help at the end.. I always upload the files like I need to but still no help.

So yeah, for a VERY long time, I still have the corporations window opening on launch of a new game and is stuck there with no way to close it. All is latest version..

I again put the files in the attached ZIP, it has the Lua, Database and XML files from my latest launch.

I updated all mods and the Vox pack TODAY.

Well, where are you downloading from? Because this (in your logs):

Code:
 (2) Community Balance Patch   Version   13

should be:

Code:
(2) Community Balance Overhaul   Version   13

Whilst it may be the latest version number, you don't seem to have adopted the change in naming convention. And indeed your database log confirms for me that you don't have the correct mod.

Well, where are you downloading from? Because this (in your logs):

Code:
 (2) Community Balance Patch   Version   13

should be:

Code:
(2) Community Balance Overhaul   Version   13

Whilst it may be the latest version number, you don't seem to have adopted the change in naming convention. And indeed your database log confirms for me that you don't have the correct mod.
Its really strange I've installed it yesterday, is Community Balance Overhaul the Vox Populi? If it is, that is what I installed, if not, I don't know where to even find it.

I'm installing from the link you have put on all your mod threads: http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/community-patch-how-to-install.528034/

The latest beta isn't there though, you have to check the threads below for the newest version.

Hey, I've encountered a strange bug that some civs manage to take a medieval policy on the ancient area.

Lua + Database + XML + screenshot is here :)

BTW, by installing the beta on the Vox page I got the overhaul, thanks Skaz

Attachments

• WeirdPolicyBug.zip
    95.4 KB · Views: 72
Hey, I've encountered a strange bug that some civs manage to take a medieval policy on the ancient area.

You sure you're using the latest CP version? That was a CP bug from a couple of months ago, where policy era prereqs were being ignored outside the CBP.

You sure you're using the latest CP version? That was a CP bug from a couple of months ago, where policy era prereqs were being ignored outside the CBP.
I've installed the beta version that there was on the thread post, should be the latest one, downloaded it yesterday.

It's not a bug, the policy unlock system was changed so that you can access later branches after adopting a certain amount of policies.

it makes no sense... I mean, that bug was fixed in one of the previous CP versions. Have you tried playing just with the CP to see if it still repeats itself? If not, then that's probably one of the other mods you use...
(A general way of dealing with such problems is clearing cache and testing various gameplay changing mods on their own to see where does the problem lie)

This bug was definitely squashed almost a month ago. I believe it was the 9-12 or 9-19 version of CP that fixed this but I do not remember for sure. The thing with ExCE is you must edit the JFD_ExCE_UserSettings.sql file if you intend to use the full VP mod along with it. If you are running just the Community Patch the file can remain as default like so:

If you are using the full VP then change the "0" to a "1" without the quotes.

This bug was definitely squashed almost a month ago. I believe it was the 9-12 or 9-19 version of CP that fixed this but I do not remember for sure. The thing with ExCE is you must edit the JFD_ExCE_UserSettings.sql file if you intend to use the full VP mod along with it. If you are running just the Community Patch the file can remain as default like so:

If you are using the full VP then change the "0" to a "1" without the quotes.

The next line sets JFD_EXCE_COMMUNITY_BALANCE_PATCH to '1' if the WHERE criteria is met. Do you have a load order issue or are you playing with a specific civilization that has early access to advanced policies?

Got Barbarian spawning units that are much more advance. I am using the latest version of 'Vox Populi' though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom