Wonder Ideas for C2C

Ellis Island was always intended to give you ALL cultures, not just european. This was just a place holder. But that's only the original idea behind that, I don't mind if it gets changed if people think it would be too overpowered. I personaly like the idea with all base cultures. But you are right, it doesn't make much sense to give you cultures that are not in the game.

My understanding is that it was going to give all base Cultures, ie N.American, S. American,....; not all Cultures.

The Capuchin Crypt does not give anything at the moment. I have changed it with the Burial Traditions mod. I would suggest it give a free Funerary Service in each city but that may be a bit OP.

The Baray wonder is a bit strange. The text says it is a unique building for the Khmer Civilization replacing the Aqueduct. I would suggest turning it back to a normal building that is either a replacement for or extension of the aqueduct and requiring the Khmer Culture.

Similarly the Hammam is a spa or Turkish Bath. It probably should be turned back into a culture building also extending the aqueduct and hippocast.

One thing to keep in mind for buildings that replace others is dependencies, notably buildings that require the replaced ones to be built. Thus, the culture buildings you've mentioned should be extensions of the aqueduct rather than replacements, in order to avoid issues with the assorted further buildings that require aqueducts.

Las Medulas:
So, I'm ready to proceed on the idea of it reducing a peak in the city radius to hills, and placing a source of gold ore. However, there's a few things that may be problematic. In the interest of avoiding them, my intent is as follows:
  • Search for peaks in the 2-range city radius. If there is only one, expand the search to the third ring.
  • If more than one peak was found, pick a peak to change into hills. If there's only one peak in the 3-range city radius, do not level any. Priority goes (no resource/2-range) > (no resource/3-range) > (resource).
  • If a resourceless peak was leveled, place gold ore there. If no resourceless peaks were found, then try to place the gold ore on a resourceless land tile adjacent to the leveled peak.
  • If there was only one peak found (and thus no peak leveled), if it has no resource, place gold ore there. If the peak does have a resource, try to place gold ore on an adjacent resourceless land plot.
Basically, I intend to set it up so that the wonder will never remove the only peak from a city's potential 3-ring workable radius, and will do its best to place gold ore, but it can potentially fail to do anything at all.

It shouldn't be capable of failing if the wonder requires a peak in city vicinity. Also, should it consider the city plot itself or are we too early in the game for that?

It's not the wonder itself failing I'm concerned about so much as the effects of removing the sole peak in a city's radius, thus causing all other peak-dependent buildings or wonders to stop functioning. The only way for it to completely fail as described above would be for there to be only one peak within the 3-ring radius of the city, AND every single tile of the nine tile square centered on that peak already has a bonus.

It doesn't obsolete until Nitroglycerin, so it does need to consider the city plot itself, though that would require its construction to be delayed significantly from when it first becomes available. I don't think this would require any special handling, but I'm not sure.

The only way for it to completely fail as described above would be for there to be only one peak within the 3-ring radius of the city, AND every single tile of the nine tile square centered on that peak already has a bonus.

Even then you would still deny the wonder to other civs who might be able to make use of it.

We can code it to require at least one peak plus one resource free peak in the vicinity (2 or 3) before it can be built. The first bit would be in XML the second would require Python.

We can code it to require at least one peak plus one resource free peak in the vicinity (2 or 3) before it can be built. The first bit would be in XML the second would require Python.
I was thinking this.

Ooh. Didn't realize that was possible, that will make things much simpler once I figure out how to do so.

In researching Copper Age stuff I came upon these archological sites. They would be cool to be new Ancient era wonders ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkaim

Called "Russian Stonehenge" it was Bronze Age settlement. Also looks to be an important Zorostrianism religious location as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Çatalhöyük

A very large Turkish Neolithic and Copper Age proto-city.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuneburg

A Prehistoric Hillfort in Germany that was one of the first Celtic settlements North of the Alps.

I have no stats for these yet but i think they would be good candidates for new Wonders.

Here are some stat ideas. Let me know what you think.

Arkaim (Great Wonder)

Cost: ?
Culture: +4
Great People: +1

Req Tech: Bronze Working
Req Building: Zorostrianism Fire Temple

Obsolete: Astronomy

Special Abilities
  • +4 Tourism Per Turn
  • City More likely to generate Great Prophet.
  • Gives +4 Culture to all Zorostrianism Fire Temples
  • Gives +4 Gold to all Zorostrianism Fire Temples

Çatalhöyük (Great Wonder)
Food: +5
Production: +5
Gold: +5

Req Tech: Animal Husbandry
Req Resource: Cows

Obsolete: Bronze Working

Special Abilities
  • Provides 1 Stone Tools Resource
  • Provides 1 Pottery Resource

Heuneburg (Great Wonder)
Culture: +2

Req Tech: Masonry
Req Terrain: Hill and River
Req Building: Walls or High Walls
Req City Size: 6

Embassy Faster Construction: Celtic

Obsolete: Rifling (except defense bonus)

Special Abilities
  • +15% Defense (Except vs Units with High Explosives)
  • -10% Damage to Defense vs Bombardment (Except vs Units with High Explosives)
  • +20% vs Espionage
  • -5 Crime Per Turn
  • +75% Production for Protective Leaders

Last edited:
My have you been busy! :D I think that "old" modding bug has bit you again. ;)

JosEPh

Knock yourself out on wonders! The more the merrier. You might want to look into Group Wonders, a new category we've created, where each wonder in a defined group is a world wonder but each player can only choose to build one of the wonders in that group. There's currently a group of wonders for Elite Universities you could take a look at. The idea is that it's kinda a blend of national and world wonder, allowing players to pick the type that best suits their playstyle and keeping the leader from being able to completely dominate by capturing all world wonders due to their tech lead.

Yeah I was reading about that. When i first saw "group wonders" I thought it was like "Valley of the Kings" where you need a set of Wonders to build a SUPER WONDER! But apparently not. But still cool. We should still make some "super wonders" though. Some ideas ...

- New York Super Wonder that requires a bunch of New York landmarks.
- Paris Super Wonder that requires a bunch of Paris landmarks.
- London Wonder that requires a bunch of London landmarks.

Possibly more based on real life locations. Rome, San Fransisco, Sydney, Toyko, etc.

More taoist wonders would be really cool and more taoist buildings ,too. Maybe Emai Shan when you have a peak in your city and buddhism as state religion or tai shan when you have a peak and taoism as state religion.

Top Bottom