Wonders End Early Don't Take

saladk

Chieftain
Just got this from the app store a month or so ago and now I've got an issue.

Wonders have a tendency to end prematurely and likewise don't show up in the city's details as having been completed. And it is no longer available to complete.

This is NOT a situation where I need a monument in every city and during production I annex or create a new city which doesn't have one, thus ceasing production.

Most recently it was a great library. Just ended, didn't show up under the city's details and did not give me a free social or tech whichever it's supposed to be. And no way to restart production.

Very frustrating to wait so long and not get the benefits, especially when those benefits can last the whole game. I just don't wan't to play the game at this point.

This is not every wonder every time. I can't make out any rhyme or reason.

Any thoughts?

Apple running Capitan if it matters.

I'm guessing other civilizations built those wonders before you were able to complete construction. World Wonders are one per game -- it's a race. If you lose a wonder race, you get a brief notice ("Japan has built the Great Library" or "The Great Library has been built in a faraway land" or some such -- very small notice and easy to overlook) and you get a small amount of consolation gold (just shows up in your treasury -- no separate notification).

To confirm, you can check the Global Politics screen -- if you've met the civ that built the wonder, it will show up next to their name. (If you haven't met them yet, you will have to meet them before it will display on that screen.)

One of the things new players need to learn is how to handle losing wonders, and what decision-making process to use when deciding whether to start work on a wonder that you believe might be built more quickly by another civ. Wonders are fun, and can give nice boosts, but they are not necessary to win any game.

Thanks for the quick response!

I completely missed the "one per world" aspect.

Definitely makes me reconsider my strategy.

At least I don't have a bug ;)

Top Bottom