World War II in the Pacific

^^ Thanks, mate! Unfortunately your updating will not help, as you will recieve a save from me, and I will recieve a save from cav_scout who will start from HIS original Worldbuilder file. In general, first player has special powers in PBEM games, he will determine settings, he will set admin password and he can do whatever he pleases with original situation.

Spoiler :
Your picture did not load properly :(

Corporations play very important role in this game, so we should spread our corporations in our respective lands as soon as possible. No rushing is possible, so every single hummer counts in this game.

cav_scout, can you please comment on final status on house rules and status of the game? Are we ready to go?

Hey guys,

So I wasn't able to play the initial turn yesterday due to the Thanksgiving holiday festivities with the family. I will work on all the requested updates today after work and then play the turn. Any other fixes that you guys have noticed before I start playing the turn?

Oh, and met966 I regret to inform you that your shack... err I mean headquarters is a priority target for my betty bombers!

Do you mean Singapore? :)

One of the things that always annoyed me while playing Japan was the need to start with empty Transports. Perhaps you should have them pre-loaded? But I am not sure how you do it with Worldbuilder.

It's easy to preload transports in worldbuilder. In this scenario Japan has a mix with some loaded, others ready to be loaded and some that have just unloaded the "turn" before. The mix is based on historical timelines.

Anyways, updates have been made and i'm going to play the first turn now...

vra379971, can you please pm me your email. I will be sending briefings to allies.

Ok, game is going. I emailed the first turn to Tigranes.

Just so you guys know, some housekeeping is necessary on the first turn. Many cities are close together and the auto-governor doesn't make smart tile allocation where cities overlap. So you will need to check each city to optimize tile allocation and prevent starvation (all cities start with enough food available to at least be stagnant).

The default city build is wealth. This is what you are going to want to go with for all of your small or undeveloped cities without any production capacity (the exception is China who can spam infantry). For developed cities you will need to decide whether you want to build units right away or invest in infrastructure.

If anyone has any questions about the scenario mechanics or why something is a certain way feel free to hit me up.

cav_scout, I noticed that I cannot draft units in certain size 8 cities in Philippines. But in USA I can draft from size 5 cities even! What's the explanation here?

Also America's initial civics should reflect their isolationist mood before Pearl Harbor... Not that I am complaining :mischief:

cav_scout, I noticed that I cannot draft units in certain size 8 cities in Philippines. But in USA I can draft from size 5 cities even! What's the explanation here?

Also America's initial civics should reflect their isolationist mood before Pearl Harbor... Not that I am complaining :mischief:

You can only draft infantry in cities that are size 5 or larger and that have your national "religion." You can do 7 drafts per turn. The intent is that you should not be able to draft in the Phillipines (all those garrison units represent the recent full mobilization of the Phillipine army).

I did notice that Fresno is missing the American "religion" so I will need to add that on the next update. I also noticed that you can draft anti-aircraft guns in cities that don't have your national religion but do have foundries. This is unintended and will be removed in the next update.

As for the American initial civics you are absolutely right, I will need to change them to consumer goods and isolationism for the next update.

How is the first turn going guys?

Hasn't gone - made a series of assumptions about my computer skills that turned out to be very wrong. I've figured out how to fix those, but I'm going to need to re download the mod from you cav scout. That said the filedropper link isn't working. Can someone hook me up with the right set of mod files?

I hope you had very strong emotions after the first turn, cav_scout! :) Did you get the save? Do you think Americans should experience Golden Age right after Pearl Harbor?

Perhaps we had to open a thread after all. This silence especially from our China player is deafening :(

Perhaps we had to open a thread after all. This silence especially from our China player is deafening :(

Nah, I'm alive. This has just been an impossible pre Christmas period :crazyeye:

Anyway, apologies cav scout - I did not get the download in time, as I had not expected it to time-out. Can *anyone* reupload it and post here? Thanks and apologies for the trouble o.o

Merry Christmas guys! After we finish with this beta test I will have to come up with a permanent place to host the download file at.

So what issues have you guys noticed so far that need to be fixed?

Here is what i'm tracking for the next update:

1. U.S. should start with isolationist civics on first turn.

2. Removing any drafting capability in the Phillippines. (done)

3. Add an * next to victory point cities. (done)

4. Unlock various Japanese forces in Manchuria and Korea based on the historic dates they were redeployed or triggered by events.

5. Ensure corporations and corporate headquarters are properly distributed. (done)

6. Rebalance beaker costs for Techs.

7. Golden age on first turn for U.S.? (what happened here Tigranes?)

7. Nothing. I was hoping for golden age, but instead American reaction even gave me _1 happy in all the cities and 10 free units. Very silly, if you think about the magnitude of outrage...

Sorry, man. I am frustrated too. China played and sent.

Top Bottom