Worst possible game to roll.

Germnoble

Warlord
What is the worst possible game to roll?

If all the settings were at random, you were on Deity and you had the default city states selected or turned off completely (your choice). What is the worst possible game to roll? (Optional: Add which victory would be hardest to get with the start and think of it as that was the victory you wanted to go for.)

I'd say beside rolling archipelago or similar maps with a non seafaring Civ and not getting luxes etc, etc.

Probably rolling Continents and starting on Tundra with any Civ that gets an environment bonus of any kind going for a peaceful victory condition and only rolling one low quantity lux. Likely negating their entire UA, then rolling no Horses or Iron and not being close to any CS that has horses or iron. Your neighbours are also Hiawatha, Monty and Khan.

Huge Highland map, no city-state, very mountainous, no water, just rivers.

Start as Polynesia, 13 other players are all... Inca, all of them.

Domination victory only.

Sort of like the Ethiopia game of the month, with a little peninsula walled off to yourself by mountain. Except this time, the map is pangea, your land is all ice and tundra and plain, you play I dunno let's say America, and the runaway Russia on the other side of the mountain pass declares war from turn 30 and refuses peace because Catherine envies lands you currently own. You have nowhere else to settle until Astronomy unless you want to shuffle your settler through the evil empire. And you rolled two pearls and some gold. Nobody wants your other pearl, but the gold is good for gilding your coffin.

Huge Highland map, no city-state, very mountainous, no water, just rivers.

Start as Polynesia, 13 other players are all... Inca, all of them.

Domination victory only.

Too easy, Make it quick speed and bump it up to 21 Inca on one team.

Too easy, Make it quick speed and bump it up to 21 Inca on one team.

That reminds me, I once put 22 Huns in one map to see what the city names would be if there was no other civs to pull city-name list from.

It turns out that they start from the bottom of global city list from civs not included in the game.

Well-played, Firaxis, I was hoping that it would crash my game and make my computer unusable.

I don't know if anyone has the screenshot, but the worst roll ever would have to be that guy who's camera started above ice with no units spawned at all and got the "You Lost!" screen pop up next turn.

Huge, pangea (or lakes), deity, play as polynesia, england, or denmark as a landlocked civ and all 11 other civs are all gandhis, each who have sources of uranium.

I don't know if anyone has the screenshot, but the worst roll ever would have to be that guy who's camera started above ice with no units spawned at all and got the "You Lost!" screen pop up next turn.

I've had that happen to me once too lol.

If that doesn't count, then starting in flat grasslands on deity and right next to the world's greatpower of Egypt who teched to modern era after 200 turns of constant failure of conquering my land of barbarians.

Not bad for barbs. lol

Huge, pangea (or lakes), deity, play as polynesia, england, or denmark as a landlocked civ and all 11 other civs are all gandhis, each who have sources of uranium.

Denmark on lakes are actually really good! Any water for them is a spawning point for them to come raging out with 4 movement points.

What is the worst possible game to roll?

This would start with a non-river plains start in the interior of the landmass. Only one type of luxury near you (the scripts assures at least this), but it's one of the ones providing the least gold. Minimum possible bonus tiles the script allows; and again the least valuable ones possible. Have neither horses nor iron, but instead have Uranium as your resource. (Script seems to insure at least a strategic resource)

Have the 4 AIs that border you have excellent starting locations; all of them close enough to where they'll have land envy of you. And be on a high enough level where they have enough starting units to make a rush of any of them unlikely to succeed.

This would start with a non-river plains start in the interior of the landmass. Only one type of luxury near you (the scripts assures at least this), but it's one of the ones providing the least gold. Minimum possible bonus tiles the script allows; and again the least valuable ones possible. Have neither horses nor iron, but instead have Uranium as your resource. (Script seems to insure at least a strategic resource)

Have the 4 AIs that border you have excellent starting locations; all of them close enough to where they'll have land envy of you. And be on a high enough level where they have enough starting units to make a rush of any of them unlikely to succeed.

Make that luxury you have Incense on Desert for even more fun. Or Fur on Tundra without Forest.

I had the same thing happen to me. I didn't screenshot it, just passed it off as a bug in the mod I was playing (the tectonic map generator).

Top Bottom