Your 5 Favorite Games That Are Not Civilization

Lemon - GOG has a EE version of Icewind Dale 1. I'm sure one will eventually come out for 2, but it appears Beamdog has had some issues with it.

So does Steam. I was looking at it today. The Steam version has the expansion packs built in to it as well. It's only $21.99 CDN and probably $1.99 in the States, knowing the way they price things in Canada. :mad:

So does Steam. I was looking at it today. The Steam version has the expansion packs built in to it as well. It's only $21.99 CDN and probably $1.99 in the States, knowing the way they price things in Canada. :mad:

Got my physical copy of Icewind Dale EE today. DVD has the xpacks as well. Version 1.04. Ordered from Amazon. About $25 s&h.

IWD EE is $7.99 on GOG right now. It's has all the things. Can you use GOG, Lemon? What price do they show in Canada. No clue how the prices convert, but not sure why they would screw you Canucks over on game prices.

$25!!! I would never pay that...surprisde they are even making disks for this stuff anymore. Disks will die completely very soon.

Europa Universalis IV
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Mirror's Edge
Far Cry 3

All very fun, all very intense. Very diverse taste in games. FPS to grand strategy to simulator titles.

Same f***ing crap on GOG. Beamdog/GOG actually removed the proper editions of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 from sale, two of their biggest sellers ever, so if people want to try those fantastic games, they have to buy the inferior product for twice the price. Complete lunacy.

They should never have got their filthy hands on those great games. A quick hackjob, and then cash in. Repeat. :mad:

Yep, Steam and now GoG too are just as questionable as some sites with old (~15 years or even more) games for free.

If something was Abandonware before and free everywhere, before they bought some kind of license so that they can now take money for it (and seriously, 5-8 Euro like i see it often for 199x games is laughable), i will not use GoG or Steam.

If morale apostles will claim these sites are illegal, my answer would be "those games should be free, their commercial phase was long over".

blerg

I shamelessly admit that I got this idea from another thread, :p

So kids, a lot has been mentioned about games lately. We all play them. But what do we play? Just for fun, lets list our five favorite games in any order that are not Civ related. Maybe we'll find some new games to try out before Civ 6 is released.

• Banjo-Kazooie
  • Icewind Dale
  • Megaman X
  • Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
  • Baldur's Gate Trilogy

-MechWarrior Online
-The first 3 Halo Games
-Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-Ace Combat 6
-Megaman X, X2, X3

It's 5 if you only count the hyphens.

If we're reminiscing a bit, then I have to mention Super Mario games. The hours I spent on some of those babies... :wub: :love:

Oh, and Zelda. Although I only had one of them, on GameBoy, and don't think I ever managed to complete it. Was a great game though.

Ooh thanks for the memories lol,
loved the donkey games on super nintendo.

Donkey and Diddy doing high 5s was about the coolest stuff ever put on screen :banana::banana::banana:

Totally radical...the music in Diddy's Conquest does it for me, though.
- :banana:

Oh, and Zelda. Although I only had one of them, on GameBoy, and don't think I ever managed to complete it. Was a great game though.

Link's Awakening? Awesome game.

Panzer General
Homeworld
TIE Fighter
Commandos 2
Chrono Trigger

Games of my youth that gave me the most enjoyment.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Oooooooh! TIE Fighter. My last machine I managed to get it running with DOSBox, but after the latest upgrade the 3.5" disks finally gave up the ghost. Might have to check out GoG for that one!

Okay, I'll play.

Behind Civ 4, The Sims 3 is easily #2. Besides CIV I've played it more than any other game. A lot more, in fact, though it's still not even close to how much time I've spent with Civ 4. Sims 2 is fun too, and I still play that one from time to time. I have no intention of ever touching Sims 4.

Fallout: New Vegas is a more recent favorite of mine, but I love it. I still haven't even gotten to the end with a character in it yet, but that's part of its charm for me. It's a world I can enjoy and be satisfied with even without ever reaching the end of the game.
Sid Meier's Pirates, a really fun game every once in a while
Dragon Age: Origins was great, although it's not really as replayable as I hoped it would be.
Age of Empires III is honestly not very good, and I prefer the classic version of Age of Mythology. BUT, it had a wonderful scenario editor and the community used it to create games that were far more exciting and enjoyable than anything from the standard game. Colosseum, Maze Runner, and especially Cannibal Escape, all fantastic. If I had to guess, I'd say it's my third most played game. Thanks almost entirely to those multiplayer scenarios, though. I think I played the demo more than the actual game.

Honorable mentions go to the Tomb Raider series and to EU3, even if I'm embarrassed to play it most of the time.

These are all so good
I cant pick a top 5. top 10 in no particular order

Warlord 2
Neverwinter Nights
MOO2
Starcontrol 2
Tie Fighter
C&C Generals
Elderscrolls 3 Morrowind
Civ 2. Mars Scenario
Starcraft
Mechwarrior 2

Another really old game (praise DosBox ;) ), Battle Isle 2.
Brilliant strategy title, aged well too imo. Meaning the graphics are not hurting my eyes :lol:
Blue Byte had several cool games, i remember "History Line" too.
Battle Isle 2 was their master piece thou imo.

..and i just noticed, you probably have to buy those games from GoG now.
Abandon sites redirect to them..

Starting to share Pangea's anger about them, those are free games /yawn
Paying for something i did buy 20 years ago or so, yep ty very much.

Top Bottom