1. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Honest Opinion

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by John Bull, Jun 6, 2003.

1. John Bull

John Bull British

May 15, 2003
    Solihull, United Kingdom
    A few days ago I found a bag on a bus which someone had obviously forgotten. Curious, I looked inside and it contained, amongst other things, three credit cards and a copy of Rise of Nations. I handed it in to the driver but I am young, impressionable and suceptible to advertising and it looked like a really good game. I've probably come to the wrong place for an unbiassed opinion, but should I buy it? It's about £25 in my nearest game shop, so is that value for money?
  2. LedZep

LedZep Chieftain

Oct 30, 2002
    Just as many people said before, this game is nothing like Civilization, so if you are only into TBS but can't stand RTS, don't get it.

On the other hand, if you enjoy RTS, and especially AoE2 and Empire Earth, this game is for you! It is pretty much a perfect mix between the two, with a lot of added depth, it also focuses more on strategy rather than being a huge clickfest (like most RTS's are). So if you like RTS, by all means, get this game, I personally love it, best RTS ever. But remember, it has absolutley NOTHING to do with Civilization.
  3. Paalikles

Paalikles Chieftain

Nov 28, 2001
    I will second the opinion of the above poster

I got it as a gift from a friend returning from a stay in the US, and I have calculated that the cost over there was lower than over here (Norway), thus I can also say that I was not dissapointed by comparing the quality/price. I do not buy a lot of games, but this has not turned me down yet

Edit2: Also, see other posts on the topic of "should I buy it or not" or, is it worth it, or rts? etc
    I have a feeling that this forum will be cluttered with threads like these soon....
  4. #1 Person

#1 Person The Cow

Jun 15, 2003
    In a grassy knoll with internet
    I think you should of taken the game, ha ha haooohh k.
    I think it is a preetty good game 25 Pounds is = about 40$ (i went to England resently) It is a fine pricefor a game like rise of nations
  5. Cilpot

Cilpot Pretentious Schmuck

Oct 15, 2001
    Oslo, Norway
    I love the game :)

Especially (almost exclusivly) multiplayer on LAN!