[BTS] Your Most/Least Favorite Neighbor Civs?

SnipedSoul

Warlord
Who do you like/hate to see close to you in a game of CIV?

I personally like Hatty as she tends to found multiple religions, gets quick shrines due to her UB, and spams missionaries rather than settlers. She is extremely easy to get to friendly with shared religion + favorite OR civic. Her low rate of expansion makes her a decent techer and trading partner while also mitigating the annoyance caused by her CRE trait and religious culture.

My least favorite is Surry. He's CRE, expands like crazy, frequently makes outrageous demands, and will declare war at the slightest provocation.

I wanted to say Ragnar for least favorite, but I actually prefer him to be close to me rather than far away. He tends to roll over a nearby neighbor and get out of control pretty early if I don't stop him.

Dislikes: anyone who's Creative
Likes: warmongers because no one cares when I take them over. In fact, they often do me the courtesy of declaring the war in which I conquer them.

Dislikes: anyone who's Creative
Likes: warmongers because no one cares when I take them over. In fact, they often do me the courtesy of declaring the war in which I conquer them.

Ditto.

If I don't play with random personalities, the AI that I hate the most is Louis. If he's near me, that scumbag culture-whore has to die!

Like: any of those who are relatively easy to conquer - bonus points if they tend to found religions and spread it to me first. I.e. the Indian leaders, the Egyptian leaders, the American leaders, Pacal...

Dislike: Creative and/or Imperialistic leaders. Get off my land! I agree that Sury (or Catherine) are particularly bad for their frequent demands.

Special dislike: Shaka and Monty. Shaka doesn't just expand rather fast, he then will attack me for "close borders" or just because he runs out of land to settle so soon. Monty because he will attack me, and if I assume for a moment he won't then I will lose the game. I like Monty in a game where he's farther away to get wars going, but not as neighbour.

And of course, everyone wants to have a Gandhi or Mansa in their game (not necessarily as neighbour) for those juicy techs!

Favorite: De Gaulle. Nobody likes him and he is a wimp who agrees to cease fire in a very short time = lots and lots of workers for me without diplo penalties.

Least favorite: Mansa. Horrible early rush target, horrible worker steal target, I need him alive later in the game for tech trading.

Special dislike: Shaka doesn't just expand rather fast, he then will attack me for "close borders" or just because he runs out of land to settle so soon.
I Created an 18 civ earth map with shaka, i played as the mississipians in america, when i crossed the ocean to africa i soon realized he had taken over egypt before they had even made a second city! however all that war mongering left him with many enemies and not very many techs since Ghana(mali) and Carthage locked him into southern africa! he was the second weakest player yet actually demanded i pay him to end my war against him! when i was in the mood to discuss peace after that insult the price was , capitulation, a city, world map, 4 gold per turn and all 200 of his gold

I hate Louis with a fiery passion. He will make demands even when he's pleased and then attack immediately when the peace treaty is over for no reason other than he felt like it.

Also I dislike Zara, he will expand rapidly and I've noticed that he often times beelines liberalism and ruins my lib race.

Special dislike: Shaka and Monty. Shaka doesn't just expand rather fast, he then will attack me for "close borders" or just because he runs out of land to settle so soon. Monty because he will attack me, and if I assume for a moment he won't then I will lose the game. I like Monty in a game where he's farther away to get wars going, but not as neighbour.

Genghis tends to be like this too. He will have city sites open right next to his capital but settles a city 20 tiles away next to my capital then declares war due to close border tension :rolleyes:

Oh well, less distance maintenance for me after I conquer it... He does have this strange tendency to leave gaps around his capital while settling cities in a line ???

Top Bottom