1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice
justokre
Last Activity:
Jul 27, 2020
Joined:
Jan 14, 2003
Messages:
689
Likes Received:
7
Trophy Points:
18
Birthday:
Oct 23, 1986 (Age: 33)
Location:
Florida
Occupation:
Coffe in the morning, liquor at night.

Share This Page

justokre

咱們走著瞧啊..., 33, from Florida

justokre was last seen:
Jul 27, 2020
    1. Tsoate
      Tsoate
      Where are you dude? :(
    2. Tsoate
      Tsoate
      I've posted some npc diplo
    3. justokre
    4. Terrance888
      Terrance888
      Hilarious diplomatic shenanigans.
    5. Terrance888
      Terrance888
      Bwahahahaha.

      I like your moderating style, even though I would probably not DARE do the things you're pulling at the moment.
    6. North King
      North King
      Yeah, I do make that distinction a bit already (mountain vs. hill). What I was thinking is, instead of having a black pixel to stand in for the hills' shadows, maybe actually make a shadow with varying opacity. I think my only concern there would be if it made the converted .png filesize swell exponentially... Oh well.

      I've actually gotten some crap in the past for only having two kinds of mountains; my philosophy is a) ancient peoples would have no way of knowing exact (or even approximate) elevation, and b) this way lets people invent their own stories about the local terrain, rather than putting all the creative control in my hands.
    7. North King
      North King
      Yeah, made it myself. I've been debating changing it to make it more fancy.
    8. North King
      North King
      I just figure out what climates and terrains should go where and then color in the map as necessary. *shrugs* It's only as scientific as my brain. The coastline I usually start by drawing the whole world "plan" in a little rectangle, blowing it up significantly, and then refining the coastline. Then I use GIMP, select color, select border, 2 px, fill with black. Go back and catch any of the little bits that didn't get selected for whatever reason.

      It's not particularly scientific, but it's a hell of a lot better than 95% of the generated maps I've seen (which tend to produce horrible-looking terrain), and the other 5% loses because I get total control over my maps this way, and get to know them a lot better. ;)
  • Loading...
  • Loading...
  • About

    Birthday:
    Oct 23, 1986 (Age: 33)
    Location:
    Florida
    Occupation:
    Coffe in the morning, liquor at night.
    Civ4 Difficulty Level:
    Warlord
    Civ3 Difficulty Level:
    Regent
    Civ2 Difficulty Level:
    Warlord
    Civ5 Versions:
    Civ4 Versions:
    • Regular Edition
    • Warlords Expansion
    • Beyond the Sword Expansion
    Civ3 Versions:
    • Civilization III
    • Play the World
    • Conquests
    Civ2 Versions:
    • Civilization II
    • Test of Time
    Civ1 Versions:
    Col Versions:
    • Remake (2008)
    I'm pretty reasonable.

    NES, RP, Writing, and MUSIC

    Interact

    Content:
    AIM:
    justokre
    Yahoo! Messenger:
    justokre
    Skype:
    justokre

    Signature

    "Scilurus on his death-bed, being about to leave eighty sons surviving, offered a bundle of darts to each of them, and bade them break them. When all refused, drawing out one by one, he easily broke them; thus teaching them that, if they held together, they would continue strong, but if they fell out and were divided, they would become weak."

    Qing Dynasty in December World