Plotinus
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Resources About

• I'm packing up for vacation tomorrow and will be away from my computer for a week while on vacation, so I won't be able to respond to Ask a Theologian for about a week. So I'm not ignoring your response, I will get to it, though I am already aware any answer I give won't be good enough:)
    Plotinus
    Please Help

the title thread " Multi See " rename to "multi-WW2 Naval Units".

Thank you

Wotan49
    Consider it a "thank you" for that Anglo-Saxon mod --- I haven't tried it yet, but I've been enjoying the music. :)
    Have you ever heard of Bernard Cornwell's "Saxon Stories" series? It's a historical fiction series following the struggle of a Saxon prince raised by Vikings, who enters into the service of Alfred. The series is a favorite of minel, and after seeing your Anglo-Saxon scenario last night I thought it might be of interest to you.
    Plotinus,

Thank you for making the Mammoth unit. Now I finally can have mammoths in the tundra for some of my mods, rather than using the elephant.

Sincerely Yours,
    Timerover51
    You'd look more like a learned scholar then, rather than a pleasant chap on a nice sofa chatting about his book. :)

Did you know that you wave your hands about a lot when you talk? I did a course on English Language and Communication Studies, so I notice lots of filler speech and other things like that. :D
    You know, you should grow a beard to look more like your avatar. You look far too normal in your video. :)
    :lol:

On a more serious note, I semi-recently did a primary source thing for class, a bog-standard comparison of Stephanus' Life of Wilfrid and Bede, and wasn't allowed to use a whole lot of external information. Now that I've turned it in, though, I seem to recall something about the whole Chad thing that wasn't in either Bede or Stephanus. Something about Oswiu kicking Wilfrid out as part of a conflict with his son Aehlfrith...? Do you know more about that, and could you clear that up a bit for me?

If it's more convenient for you to put that in the Ask a Theologian thread, that's fine :p
    Reading Bede puts weird images into your mind. I was going through the whole Wilfrid Thing and came across good old Bishop Chad. Since the only people I know as "Chad"s are bros, I immediately started thinking of a guy in vestments with a popped collar saying "dude" to everybody. :crazyeye:

And then I realized that this wasn't even an original idea. :(
    Yes, I was about to give a full reply which would have taken at least an hour (Which is fine.) But the thing is, I posted half of it, and then my CPU glitched and I lost it. I didn't have the willpower or time to retype it right away. That said, I did want to get that one verse out there (It was the most important part of what I posted) and so I posted that.

I will retype my full point eventually.
    Again, apologies for another short answer. I was definitely prepared to give a long one, but after a half hour of typing, somehow I lost everything. And I no longer have time to actually finish my post (I am busy today for most of the day.)

Apologies extended.
    On LotR: you can't teach a man about taste (or whatever the saying is supposed to be).
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom