das
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Though how willing to go against the lore would you be? Once you throw this to the hands of NESers I expect it'd get messy.
    Yeah, I have it and I've skimmed through it! Seriously--greatest fantasy race ever. But I am liking the Lunar Empire the more I read about it.
    Holy poo-poo that IS awesome. I've got more reading to do.

Really, I just want to play as Duckmen in whatever GloranthaNES. Make a DuckmanNES.
    I'm not familiar w/ the Lunar Empire/that side of the third age, but I'd definitely be interested and am gonna read up on it now that I have some links! (The thing that bothers be about Rune/Heroquest is that most of its lore is hard to find on the internet for some reason :C)
    I use IRC (I'm on #nes a lot, either as nutranurse or omeganurse), as for a GloranthaNES...? Since I'm terribly biased I'd say set it in Dragon Pass and have the players act as the various clans. It's a small enough focus to be feasible and there are a lot of mechanics set down if you've ever played Kingdom of Dragon Pass (i.e. Carls/Weaponthanes/Slaves populations, cattle/horse/grain/treasure for currency/ep).
    Oh it will be good :D I'm excited for this NES, but at the same time I am going to try and not pressure myself into forcing out updates if I do not feel they are ready/quality/make any sense (as much sense that can be made in this strange setting, as you will see). That way I prolong my interest and we all profit!
    wheee finished

mostly, still need to write that overview section, but events to 1932 are in tha BAG
    I'd like to get started on the update right now, but there's been very little story-writing so I don't have a lot of material to work off of. Hopefully the updating process will start next weekend.
    yeah but the immortals are nao gods

I don't want to have to worship myself :(
    Soooo I heard u go on #nes nao?

This is good. I need someone else to chat to for the graveyard shift.
    Hammenammir was originally played by Shadowbound, if you'd like to ask a few details of him. They're skilled strategists and planners, but at the same time possess many illogical traits and contradictions. In a sentence, their outlook on the world and their purpose in it could be characterized as: 'We must fight to redeem ourselves from a legacy of violence'.

Ysir have a distinct 'Victory at All Costs' mentality. For example, if you fight an enemy, who controls more of your homeworld than you do, while you possess stronger forces in space, it is considered a reasonable action to annihilate your own homeworld in order to give you a greater chance of emerging ahead of your opponent.

This may be an explanation for how the Ysir ended up as wanderers. ;)

Anyway, I thought you'd be very interested, and they're one of the most cool, yet undeveloped species currently present in the NES.
    Hey there das. You just disconnected from #nes, so I'll finish what I was saying.

The Hammenammir is a very interesting group. The Hammenammir is the civilization of the Ysir, who live in social groupings called 'Hammes'. They are space-migrants originating some distance out towards the galactic rim, and are searching for their 'promised land'. Currently, they're split into two groups, the Migrants and Habitants- the latter believes that they have found their homeworld, the ribbon-planet known as 'Destination', while the former are convinced that this world is merely a false lead.
    Not at all a problem! I took most of my ideas from the Faerie Queene and Arthurian Legends anyway.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom