W
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Ah, yes. That mess. I don't know why I entertained him for so long, to be quite honest.
    I'm not entirely sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but I suppose I will simply say thanks and hope for the best.
    I don't really know yet. They talked about having speakers (I know that Dawkins is coming) and have discussions with the religious groups on grounds.
    If you're interested, I went to the Virginia Atheists and Agnostics club meeting today. Turns out I'm not the only militant atheist there. And there was pretty good turnout (25-30 people). I'm digging it.
    First off, good luck.

But a lot has been done what would make TJ roll over in his grave, e.g. they built a chapel near the Rotunda. But I'll let you know how/what the club does on grounds.
    I'm gonna be going to school at the University of Virginia and I'm gonna join the agnostic/atheists club there. I'm expecting a lot of evangelicals and fundies to yell "You'll burn in Hell!" next year. Joy.
    Nah I'm pretty anti-theist myself. I don't mind you trolling religion AT ALL. It's actually what I like from you.
    I should have replied much sooner (I don't really check my 'wall' here), but it's a pleasure :)
    Oh yeah. We seem to be on the same page :) It would be a little close minded to not see the Bible as a collection of stories/fables and look at it through the lens of literature.
    I wouldn't say I'm crazy about theology. I think I may have given it more thought than the average American (which isn't saying much). When I got your message, my first reaction was "uh oh, I said something dumb about religion and now I'm being called out on it," lol.

I will say that my own religious belief has hanged quite a bit since 2006. I was a lukewarm Lutheran, then an 'angry' atheist (I was fairly aggressive and vocal about it), then I cooled down quite a bit and I'm more accepting of differing opinions. I'm still not religious, but I can appreciate religion for what it is, it isn't as bad as a lot of atheists claim (Richard Dawkins).

To answer your question, it might help to mention I also like reading about "fictional" religions. Fantasy literature (Tolkien), The Elder Scrolls games, etc.

EDIT: Why do you ask?
    Its kinda funny how this works. The short version is, I've had to move seven times in the past 2.5 years, I'm stuck in a place I don't like (My family and friends are back home, and I had to move at literally the worst possible age, 13.) I'm stuck where I'm at until I'm 18, so I've basically lost the good in my teenage years (I know a move doesn't always do that, but in my case, it mostly did.)

Ironically, the little comfort I've had HAS been my faith and talking to God, but at the same time, I tend to get frustrated with my family for theirs (Which is, at present, more fundamentalist than mine, if you can believe that.)

The long version will have to wait.
    Well I wouldn't be so bolshy in the religion thread, except for the most of the religious posters there are of the extremist types, who believe that their view is the one and only truth, and cannot accept reality when it's pushed in their faces. I get on very well with quite a few religious people IRL both lay and ministry.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom