madviking
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Resources About

• You're a good fella :) you ever make it to Australia or Bali and i will keep the red cups coming for as long as you can keep up.
    Ah... nerd humor. I remember the good old days in safety class where we challenged each other to come up with equally unlikely scenarios.
    Sounds like you have all the prep you need, time to enjoy a good night's sleep and set an extra alarm to make sure you don't miss it. ;)

One way or another it's over tomorrow and you can relax (or are a step closer to it). Good luck!
    I remember looking forward to both semester's thermo finals simply because we had more time per question than on all the other exams, where we had to race to find all the tricks the profs threw in the questions.

Is it open-book? In that case, so long as you are familiar with where stuff is in your book, you'll be able to get what you need and focus on the problems.
    University of Washington. I thought I said that already in the Raves Thread, I guess i must have forgotten.
    I applied to University of Illinois, and was denied twice. :(

Thanks on the congrats though.

As for major, still haven't decided yet. It will either be History, or Political Science with a focus in international relations. I'm probably going to test classes from each and decide based on which is more interesting.
    Yeah, my back-up, University of Iowa. Sadly didn't get into anywhere else except the University of Missouri.
    I just want to give a huge shout out to the incredibly gorgeous Claudia Cardinale. Huge amounts of win for you, tovarisch.
    I think I told you I would go back to Cato if I finished River, and this seemed as good an opportunity as any.
    That sounds about right. Welcome to the glorious field of success known as engineering!

I could tell stories for hours of terrible exams I've had. People were jealous of my 25% one time because it was above average. I've burst out laughing during a final where literally no one had a prayer of even completing one problem, much less the 3 beasts they gave us. We had an exam where the grades ranged from 0% to 96%, with a nearly bimodal distribution of people who got it and people who didn't.
    That is very different than what we did. Very often, we were not given iterative problems or problems that involved the more complicated models that would require Matlab or Excel computation, but something that was solvable by hand. We would often have a "concept" question which I guess could be described as more short-answer than a calculation, but I don't think I've ever seen fill-in-the-blank on a chemical engineering exam.
    i love your awkward hey guys i wouldve met you at the rally but i didnt but id like to say hi!
    we'll see you at the meetup
    My thermo classes usually had far too many problems for the time given to take the exam. Prep depends on how the prof teaches the class.

If he's doing the "traditional" approach where you go along with history, discovering thermo organically, and doing problem sets, then I would focus on practice problems. This gave me the experience setting up and solving the problems that we had on the exam.

If he's doing the goofy postulate-first derive-all-from-fundamental-truth thing, then you'd be better off crying. Just kidding, study all the calculus and derivations.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom