das
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• The Heph "can barely stand the Quasi and actively hate everyone else" (Update 3) and the Background Fluff says "they arrived at the segment displaced is time and distance, and settled down to build a new life without the support of anyone else. Turning a small hot minor planet into a single glorious city of metal may take some time, but they have a strong goal in mind." Their stats are relatively closer to PCs though, much more... industrial.
    Littleboots has played the Dardareo pretty quiet and generally partnered up with the Hank. He's been MIA since the 20th and didn't get orders in for the update. Not sure what's going on there.

Knights position is sort of... interesting. Their military is beefy if solely ground-based, and their position essentially unassailable, although their resources are extremely limited. They do sort of "lead" the disparate Mernt, and remain a counterbalance to the Csser'ians' (alex) candidate (the Oiat Kingdom) among Mernt tribes. Of course, they're also in a blood feud with the Standards (Thlayli) who have occupied the Mernt homeworld. The trouble with giving you an estimate about their industrialization capabilities is that the NPC stats aren't necessarily "real." They would likely be more concretized if taken by a player.
    He doesn't tell me everything. And I've missed him the past few times he was on.

What are your options?
    Technically nothing is open, although we have some degree of structural unemployment considering LittleBoots is currently MIA and Nintz is unconfirmed as Seffassians II.

That said, there exists some possibility of taking over an NPC or building a new one from the ground up to be introduced (as happened in SysNES1). If you're interested in either of those things I could give you some thoughts. (Or you could hop on #nes--you won't even have to deal with qoou trying to manipulate you at the moment!)

We're not quite sure what's going on on Dis's end right now but Update 5 is supposedly at least halfway done.
    Excellent. I think our natural borders (if you have no objection) would be roughly what they were at the end of the update prior to the most recent one.

Also: I haven't forgotten about TACNES, I'm just waiting for Luckymoose/someone else to cover the final cradle before updating.
    You know, I would really like to negotiate in good faith regarding a peace agreement in N3S. Iggy seems willing to negotiate as well.

I'm perfectly happy to continue fighting, but your Cow Family general is in a rather exposed position.
    Oh excellent. While we're talking about doing things, you should consider replying to the diplomacy I sent you in N3S some long eons ago. :p
    Well, both you and Tux promised stories, but yours is more pressing. Still, you gave me information to work with, and the update is mostly written already, and I can post it even if you don't get something done. :)
    Ultimately, their modus operandi is thus: The first early arrivers on a planet land via meteor, and the first diggers and little mothers establish themselves in underground grottoes. More and more meteors start to rain down, each carrying more and more eggs, and the invasion advances. Greater and greater numbers arrive, and as more land is taken more Horrors are born on the world from the maturing little mothers. Their breed depends on the necessities of the situation, as determined by the little mothers who spawn them. Ultimately the world is taken, ripened, and then rent apart and cast into space to spawn the next generation.
    When the planet is completely overrun and the Mother is formed, the planet begins to 'ripen'. Hordes of digger morphs honeycomb the planet's crust and scour the world of biomass, while the roots of the Mother draw out every physiologically-valuable mineral. When this is complete, the remaining diggers absorb their bodies into the Mother, who uses the resources of the whole world to lay countless hardy clusters of eggs. The world is now ripe, and the Mother begins to rend the crust- by extension, her own body- apart, hurling massive chunks of rock, filled with vast chambers of eggs, into space. This continues until the Mother has effectively killed herself, leaving the planetary surface fragmented and ruined. Specialized morphs serve as organic rockets to aid in this, while others, festooned with sensors, detect the nearest live worlds and direct their fragments towards these places.
    The Horrors possess one unique breed, a colossal biofactory known as a Mother. These bizarre creatures constantly give birth to a diverse array of children, making up all of the constituent breeds of the swarm. When freshly arrived on a planet, they are known as little mothers, vaguely resembling this, and produce little other than the simplest warrior morphs and the digger-morph. However, as they grow, they become more and more massive, sinking themselves into the crust and spreading their fleshy roots throughout the world. Little-mothers merge together as their roots make contact, ultimately becoming the planet-spanning 'Mother'.
    There are countless variations on this basic theme- long, millipede-like tunnelers, bipedal upright warriors, winged flyers, ground-hugging tanks... basically you have carte blanche to design anything that fits the general, highly-mutable body structure that I've described, the only really consistent features are the saddle-like armoured backplate, the armoured limbs and the soft tentacles on the base of the body. The Horrors fight with claws, tentacles, acids, and kinetic projectiles, and their constant 'chatter' between each other disrupts and jams electromagnetic communications, ultimately even disrupting electrical systems when they are present in truly immense densities- but usually by this point they are too numerous to be feasibly defeated.
    Well, they’re present from 22 onwards, being referred as ‘Horrors', a neutral term by me and 'Surikahi' by the Fehan. Here are the stories, and here is my sketch of the most basic form. It has a concave structure on its armoured back that has been described as dish or saddle-like which serves as both a protective and a sensory structure, chitinous limbs, a mass of ventral tentacles around its mouth, and a battery of eyes that, now that I think of it, have a bit of a Collector General look going on.
    Your race & their polity will be in update 1. If you would like to you can sling me a PM about how you think such a nation would form, but as I see it I have more than enough information to go off of :)
    Hey das! Sorry to pressure you or anything, but I'm going to be updating in a few days, and I'd rather not have to cut your fantastic storyline short by having the Surikahi start ripping Destionation apart, which is something they tend to do once they've obtained supremacy on a planet. Do you know if you'll have time to continue your story? Again, sorry for pressing you.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom