classical_hero

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• What I've learned is that which seems obvious to you isn't always factual.

But thanks for displaying your expertise by citing some saying you overheard. I am clearly talking to an expert here.
    You need to read some Laurence Vance:lol:

The people who did 9/11 are dead, the reason they did it is precisely because of our insane foreign policy, and being at war with a religion is so far beyond stupid I don't even know what to say.

Do unto others, and all that. Obviously what the people at 9/11 did was wrong, but if we had followed the golden rule in the first place it would never have happened.

No we are not at "War with Islam." We aren't at war with a murder tactic either. That's just absurd.
    I get that, but I reject your utilitarian ethic. It seems unChristian to me. Even worse, we aren't at war. And thus all of those people were murdered by Obama.

I'm opposed to abortion too, but I'd rather murder be on the heads of individual women and their doctors than on the head of the guy that we're supposed to be following as the "Leader of our country."

Not to mention that practically every problem in America can be traced back to war.

I have to oppose that first. That was why I couldn't back Mitt Romney. It wasn't that he just "Wasn't the best Republican", nor was it the fact that he was actually pro-choice, its because he supported imperialist warmongering.
    Lol, tough crowd! I'm not sure if being a car guy assumes I don't misspell the names of Austrian Formula 1 drivers from thirty years ago.
    How can Obama be a hypocrite for not punishing the murder of the unborn if he isn't a hypocrite for bombing innocent people himself?
    I'd disagree with your first paragraph because I think God is more than capable of doing anything he wants. I'd agree that its because they didn't change their ways, however.

The second paragraph is a true point.
    That's true. Notice the emphasis in Sodom though. God would have saved it for ten righteous people. It wasn't about the entire city, but about the lack of those believing. (There is also the fact that it was more than just consensual homosexual activity that led to their judgment, but that's besides the point.)

I think there were also key differences between how God has chosen to handle things in the Old Testament and the New. Jesus taught a radical lifestyle, but never tried to force anyone to follow it, and neither did any of his followers.

I agree with you on cultural conservatism, I'd just probably disagree with you sometimes on what the laws should be.
    I'd have to do some reseach on it, but the vibe I get is that God rarely condemns a society because of the lost in that society, but because of the Christians in that society, whether because they aren't following God or because they don't exist. Its rarely because of the immorality of the lost people, that's exactly what they are expected to do.

I don't agree with same-sex marriage, but my reason has to do with definitions rather than with trying to control sexual immorality, the latter situation I do not think government can possibly regualte successfully, at least not in a way that will actually lead to anyone's salvation.

Then again, I lean libertarian while you lean conservative and there's definitely a difference in thought;)

The fact that Republicans focus A LOT on SSM and yet barely seem to care about abortion kind of ticks me off, nevermind their other problems.
    Are you serious?

This is actually the answer I was hoping not to get...

I don't think anything compares to the killing of innocents in the womb. However messed up you may think gay marriage is, there's no victim and therefore no comparison.
    Well, that's true, in the US you CAN but they may never win.

So what if you were in America? Or if the other party was both pro-choice AND pro-SSM and so would be discounted?

I'm just curious what you think the lesser evil is. Its obvious to me but I'm curious if you'll agree with me.
    Hey I've got a question.

Assuming two candidates are roughly equal, but one is pro-life and also pro-same sex marriage, and the other candidate was pro-choice but promoted traditional marriage, which one would you vote for and why?
    Hey, classical, could you do a favour for me?

Join this and claim the rest of Australia. I know you probably won't, but if you do then I'll love you forever. :love:
    Currently Australia is not having the same economic impact that America had to it's, so I don't see why we would even want to do this, until the Yanks get moving again.

We have more YECs than you do:p
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom