Kaitzilla
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• (>'_')> Saw your name in the modder forum and thought "uh OH"

"Won't see Tachywaxon again for a week now since that place has 100's of DanFs"
    Don't miss out on the SGOTM because you feel you have no authority to speak D:

I felt the same way after missing a month of one. Since I didn't contribute before, I had no right to advocate for a direction to take the game.

The only way to get back into the game is to look at the real save, play around with the test game, and then state what you would normally do if you were playing solo and see what everyone else says. Then try to figure out what's best and choose that to endorse.
    Ya, sometimes I enjoy arguing about Civ more than playing it >_>

Why kill yourself over the next move when you can do it to others mmm
    Yes, I do love code reading. Even more than playing the game right now! It's like a sherlock game to find hints here and there to find a conclusion at one moment. And that's more gratifying than being in SGOTM for now. I'm pretty useless there. Even for worker stealing counseling, you (team that is) don't need me. I'm getting supaaa nippaaa ninjaed...each time I log. Lulz.
    And anyways, I don't have any authority. I'm tired to fight for every details because I'm not a veteran player. :scan::o

BTW, I still can't believe how you turned out. The taciturn player with ~60 post...to what you are now.
    Supaa nippaaaa glad I invited into that team.

EDIT: I should wrap that text between [RANT][/RANT]. Hmmm. I'm such a good ranter.
    Hahaha, might not come back is slang for die. But if you love code reading, then research away!

Knowing the prickly AI might make a difference in how close you settle to them for diplomacy yup.
    Come back to what? :dunno:

Anyways, as far as I remember, I can potentially find the info and XML values are easily reachable.
    I left out border tensions entirely because it has never been studied anywhere on the forums as near as I could tell in any depth. I tried researching it myself and failed badly. The values were all over the place in test games.

I sense it might be something complicated. If you try to research it you might not come back. :cry:
    How about adding "Close borders spark tensions between our two nations" as another XML value to know. Yes, it's leader depending and sometimes you can't do anything to avoid a prick neighbour, but it's good to know how gives -1 without even stealing of their tiles. If you want, I do the lists and researches.
    Hint Hint ;)

Also, I pulled "change to this civic within 5 to 20 turns" out of a hat. I really have no idea on that one.
    "Perhaps someday someone will unravel the mystery in totality."

Nope, it's not gonna happen.
    . uh wait a minute. lol
    Okayyy, I'll keep your pride clean. ;) jk

"5) Favorite Civic: An AI will almost always change to this civic within 5 to 20 turns of getting the unlocking tech."

IIRC, the number of turns (not scaled btw) between voluntary change of civics are 10 turns (spiritual) and 25 turns. I should dig this info again though.

"The first is for both them and yourself to be in the bottom half of the scoreboard."

Will read the code again. I've almost perused all CvTeam.cpp and I remember I blocked on that subject about scoreboard positioning. Duckweed talked about it just like you, but when reading the code, I was in the WTF mode for minutes. I should pass by this thing again.

"There are three ways to continue trading with an AI once they begin telling you "We Fear You Are Becoming Too Advanced" "

Your first point is a bit messy I think. It talks about scoreboard position, but shifts away to espionage as another mean to get a tech.
    Maybe split into two means instead of one single mean.
    Heh. I'd say the Civ Illustrated forums (Know Your Enemy) thread is the best place to discuss mistakes.

I'd rather visitors post mistakes and point out falsehoods in the strategy section than Civ Illustrated people :)
    Oh, do you want me to point out mistakes/aberrations on your principal article or in the shadow (PM for instance)?

Hardcore players know few of them because they seek challenges not glitter! :lol:
    Ya, the modder community is neck deep in game mechanics :lol:

It's funny, I never knew they existed hardly until a few weeks ago.
    "Issue #1 still needs work"
    Ok, I will see soon if I can help. Will read those ~57 posts and try to find possible mistakes or precisions to add. With my newfound ability to read the source code, I'm less dependant to code divers...although it happens I need them once in a while like this Refar modder.
    The mod community has more vivid interest in game mechanics because it is needed to mod existing behaviours/mechanics.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom