AbsoluteZero
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey Chris, my GF and I were wondering, since you left US, what do you do for a living? :) Was discussing with her your view on the situation with the Dollar etc.
    Don't forget to let some feedback (even the simplest is worth like a "Great Stuff!").
    I'm sure Kaitzilla would be happy. He worked hard on it.
    Nonono. Click here!
    All the other references you had are obsolete.
    That new reference is thousand folds better and faster to use. Not to add new knowledge that was missing before.

EDIT: Not that obsolete in fact for basic actions, but the article offers so much more minute info about the AI.
    Now if Kaitzilla could add close border feature for each leader, that would be perfect in my view.
    I know the kossin files your talking about and I glanced over them quite a few times so I have a rough idea.
    And a lil trick I learnt in hardcore games called SGOTM's: culture patterns (to find the Vikings) are easier to locate with global view and take the culture button just on the top of the mini-map. So useful we can see AI culture diagonally, which is almost impossible by simple gazing of an explored tile.
    Hey, while watching a lil of your last vid before going to bed, I judge you know the AI diplo actions based on experience (like bribing, tech trading, etc. ).
    If you want, I may lead you to some melting pot of files by Kossin where all the details about AI are presented.
    Unless you want to keep the magic of an unknown AI, you should definitely look at this sig of his because knowing the AI makes the game quite less random and gives more avenues on how to manipulate them.
    I'm playing that recent Zara map right now.

I just read the PM about seeing resource tiles, yes you're right that's a good trick I'll try to remember that.
    Lol. Still wanting teching (but didn't commit the tech research) AH for horses localization, but the trick I mentioned in the PM doesn't even need to know the tech. But for some reasons, you refuse to read that PM. :dunno:
    Nice to see you in real person.

BTW, Zara? You know what might be cool for a change. A different mapscript...something uncommon. No fractal, archipelago, pangaea, hemisphere, continents, etc. Something that changes the whole thing just for the fun.
    Like Rainforest, Boreal (that one is yuck), Great Plains, Tectonics (yuck that one too) or fantasy thing where the tile are completely messed.
    Hmmm.

Yeah, I spam your user profile because I don't have a YT account.
    Yes it works. I won't say the contrary. But the success rate without a sure strategic res. is rather low. Chariots are my favorite as wheel is needed anyways to get the unit. Once I harassed Gilgamesh with warriors then chariots to end up killing him off with HA's. He left me a courthouse, I got a GSpy, stole a bunch of techs to my neighbour Ragnar and kill my continent with rifle. And I was starting the intercontinental invasion, but chose the wrong target; railroad-boosted cavalries of Pacal II overran me. Basically, the worker steal went great, but sometimes, goes really wrong. I have few deity attempts as whole games, but worker stealing cases, a legion. Worker stealing my favorite tactic transformed into strategy, but deity just doesn't want to agree with me.

Please look for that PM. It sure has neat info and tricks.
    Now, I'll stop harassing you with that. If you don't want, you don't want. I can't force people to my whim. :D
    Worker stealing on deity can certainly work but it's risky and I find sometimes pissing off a neighbor can be bad later on. I only do it when I am sure I have a way to end the war somehow before things get out of control.
    Oh, btw, thanks for those two quick speed games. To me, they were the most awesome in your epic games. Quick speed sure is maso.

And that Justinian was won if you knew.
    Just reload and make the right move and explain to people what occured wrong; could be good for their learning.
    I'm 100% sure of this mechanism. I've read this many times and experienced this too. And my SGOTM (where people are fully crazy about details and inner game mechanisms) they mentioned it again for the AP victory (and U.N. works same too).

I got the idea because you never applied the content of the PM I sent you ages ago. You seldom worker steal on deity and myself done that on same level many times (wanted to see if my typical strategy on all levels works on deity as well and I gave up the idea really fast to be really jeopardizing and super inefficient). In a PM, I shared with you some of the most crucial tricks about worker stealing to make the practice safer, but IIRC some subsequent vids and especially that Sons of Monarchy Gilgamesh where you waited AH to see her horses was the final nail you nevaaa read my thing.
    I know I'm not deity player, BUT I know a lot on game inner mechanisms.
    Ya you're probably right I sucked up to Ragnar 1 turn too late. I have a lot of those "I can't believe I never thought of that" moments when I play with no reloading and that was one of them.

I don't care what you have to say? When did you get this idea?
    Now I think about it: Your Justinian game. You tried to enhance your relationship with Ragnar, but it was a turn too late. The votes are done the very beginning of the turn, so any changes within the turn isn't going to make any AI's change their already committed votes. Only thing I may think is an AP victory where the votes are committed and one voter for you isn't in the AP religion. You can force him to switch religion (bribe or espionage) and gets twice votes, but still vote for you. But this has nothing to do with U.N. diplo victory. And you hate AP IIRC.
    And you don't even care what I have to say, anyways.
    It is not about leader, but about bad start...to rise from a bad start.

Huayna Capac is another leader you already have done...
    Oh noes. Not qq rush again?
    Why not this. I know for some reason, you said "there are no good maps" in your vid the times that game was hosted. But why? You good on deity...QQ noobish.

You're no gonna answer back, right? :sad:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom