Abegweit
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• How are you posting on VM?

If you've been following my posting, I find myself virtually defending positions alone against the entire forum.

You should have seen the forum's responses to my anti-Lincoln rants:p
    I'm still banned. They never been told me. I just discovered it when I attempted to follow one of your links.
    I'm meaning to send you an email at some point, but just as a current update, I still stand alone against Abe Lincoln's worshippers
    I missed your response to me on Oct 15.

I don't terribly mind jury duty actually, it would give me the opportunity to vote "Not guilty" on any victimless crimes or would otherwise be something I'd be mostly ambivalent to doing if it were an actual crime.

Why is voting Libertarian an oxymoron BTW?

I was one year too young to vote this year. I tried to encourage my family not to vote for Romney but I had no success and they all mostly voted for him anyway.

Some of them still believe that the GOP is actually pro-life, or simply don't get foreign policy;)

I'm pretty much the only Libertarian I actually know IRL:p
    If you think I'm a horrible person for supporting school vouchers, you need to look at OT again:p Support for war and arguments that government is less evil than business are pervasive:p
    It has been a while that you are silent in our SGOTM. Ready to pickup a set? Only shakabrade and you have not played in the 1st round.:)
    Yes, I was aware that RP voted in favour of Afghanistan. And he does indeed regret it.

As for who I am voting for, I'm not allowed so it's rather academic. If I did have a vote I would probably do what my wife is doing - nothing. Voting is just a good way to get stuck with jury duty.

Gary Johnson is a decent man who, I think, has grown a lot in the last year but, IMO, voting Libertarian is pointless. It's also an oxymoron. If you are going to vote, I would certainly encourage you to support him. You live in CT, right? So your vote is wasted no matter what you do. Obama will win. Might as well make a protest vote.
    Just a note I recently remembered from a conversation we had awhile ago, Ron Paul actually did vote for Afghanistan although he did support withdrawal far sooner than the rest of either party did.

I agree with you that we should have never started that war though, and I think Ron probably regrets getting into it after how much of a fiasco it was. If we had wanted to get Bin Laden there are ways we could have individually targeted him without harming anyone else...
    I'm really hoping for Rand Paul of Gary Johnson. I know neither one can fill the shoes of Ron Paul, but then again, NOBODY can fulfill the shoes of Ron Paul except Ron Paul, and I don't think he's going to run again at 81 years old (And honestly, if he did, he better be VERY careful about who he picks as a VP.)

My best case scenario is that Obama wins by winning New Hampshire. We might really see a more libertarian Republican in that case. New Hampshire usually votes Democrat but is fiscally much more "Leave me alone" than the typical democrat. Its the social issues where the GOP loses them.

Have you ever considered voting for Johnson this year? I know he's not Ron Paul, but it would definitely send a statement to the GOP the more people that vote for him. And yeah, I know he's not a TOTAL non-interventionist either.
    I'm so torn as to who will be worse this year (Well, unless by some miracle Gary Johnson becomes a major player, he's far better than anyone else in this election.) Calling Romney or Obama is like trying to guess what is a mile ahead during heavy fog.

Its kind of frustrating not even knowing who the lesser of evils is.
    Its been awhile since we've spoken:) I've grown even closer to Ron Paul politically than last time:) And I'm much more anti-Republican (I was already anti-Democrat.)

And I've come around somewhat on Lincoln. I respect the guy's personal morality (At least for a politician, you could easily say they're all thugs:p) but politically he was little better than George W. Bush. (Who was pretty bad.) I'd take Ron Paul or even Ronald Reagan over Lincoln if they were all alive today.

And dang, is the "Ron Paul is a racist" crap annoying you as much as it is me?
    If you could tell me what this "Empire" you want me to denounce is, I porbably will. I just want to know exactly what you are referring to before I do.
    I still don't remember but I may have been quoting Murray Rothbard. "True anarchism will be capitalism, and true capitalism will be anarchism." Properly understood, they mean the same thing. At least if you take capitalism to be a synonym for the free market, which is far from a universal definition.

How to summarize anarcho-capitalism? I assume that you are already quite libertarian in your views so the only step from there is to understand how justice works without the state. Like anything else in the free market, it is a mechanism of voluntary interaction between pairs of individuals, not something passed down by edict.

I'll continue this description in a separate PM. The system wouldn't let me put it into a message. Too long.
    I don't remember either, but it was something about "Going along with the majority." Or something. I don't remember.

What I do remember however, is how you said Capitalism and anarchism are synonyms. Which isn't correct. In fact, not all anarchists are capitalists. Anarchism is simply the absence of a state, while Capitalism is about nonintervention in industry. Certain people have managed to create (In their minds) a system where there is anarchism without capitalism.

Would you care to explain essentially how your system would work though? Because I am becoming a bit more open-minded to the idea of anarchism in recent days.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom