_random_
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I know that there is one in Louisville (where I live), but from what I've heard, its made up almost entirely of people from Greek, Lebanese, Egyptian, Ethiopian, or Russian backgrounds. From what I've heard is that there aren't any major differences in the regional Orthodox denominations.

You should seriously create an "ask an Orthodox Christian thread", It's the only major denomination of Christianity that doesn't have an "ask a..." thread.
    Hadn't looked at it yet, I was looking at Ghost's Profile.

Your parents still Protestants, have you told them about your conversion to Orthodoxy yet?
    Just wondering, what was it about the Eastern Orthodox Church that attracted you to it? I've only known one person who is Orthodox and that's because she was ethnically Arab.
    Oh, you didn't sign? I guess I can see why if your conscience is with the EO Church.

Where you going to college BTW? I'm probably doing community college next year.
    Sorry, but I'm not revealing any part of my online conversations by giving him congratulations from someone online. I'd rather my family not know how involved in CFC I am:p

Why aren't you a member anymore? And when do you plan on converting?
    Hey remember when I told you my dad might become the pastor of our church?

I meant to post this on your wall earlier, but he was elected on Nov 11 and started just this last week.

Still attending your dad's church?
    [020806] -ChanServ- Flags +h were set on Random in #fiftychat.

Yeah, Till's gotta look into that. Mibbit still works at least.
    Nexus 7 if you want Google ecosystem, Kindle Fire HD if you want Amazon ecosystem.
    My score jumped from my miserable 26 to a reasonable 29. I was really hoping for a 30, but I doubt I'll retake it. Only 3 days left to register if I do.

My math and writing score remained the same, and my science only went up by one to 26. My biggest improvement was in Reading, where I turned a 23 into a 31 (finishing the test helps in that regard). English score went from a 29 to a 33. My math score annoys me the most because I did the worst in Elem. Algebra/Pre-Algebra, compared to March when I was awesome in that section.
    I know this is sort of a random and pointless thing to tell you about, but I figured why not. I know you are interested in the eastern orthodox church, and my Uncle from my Iranian side of the family is Orthodox greek. His entire household is Orthodox greek, and after converting, they gave themselves "christian" names which seems silly to me. What is a "christian" name? What is a non-christian name? A name is just a name.
    The code name hypothesis works because of the Craig movies and falls apart because of For Your Eyes Only (in which Roger Moore's Bond puts flowers at George Lazenby's Bond's wife's grave, as though they were the same person, and in which he fights a Blofeld-like figure with whom he seems to be familiar). I don't find that it really enhances my viewing of the movies. Honestly, in my opinion, it doesn't really matter. Almost all of the movies take place in more or less of a vacuum, even with respect to the other Bond movies a given actor's made. Quantum of Solace is almost the only movie to break with that interpretation of continuity. I almost would say that viewing Bond movies as a single canon is a mistake for that reason. James Bond is more of a character with archetypes on which various writers, directors, and actors can leave their own spins or imprints to tell little vignette-stories than a character who goes through an extended story.
    A tussle with kochman. Long story, but I think I was unfairly banned so I appealed and also threw a tantrum and have vowed to leave. He still hasn't had his ban yet AFAIK and he was supposed to start his after me.

In any case, you are welcome. You're a quality poster. :)
    That's a rough one random, good luck. Fwiw I think u were right to stay home. Ppl who go in sick are irresponsible, but some teachers/profs don't make it easy to miss class.

I'm just lurking around waiting for the verdict of my appeal over a 2 day incivility ban to go through. I'm also saying my goodbyes by way of checking in on posters I like and will miss while I wait.

When I get my verdict I'm gone completely. I've already quit posting.
    I'm sorry to hear you haven't been well, but I'm glad you are better. Hope you didn't school - it's harder to miss school than it is work.

I'm pretty bored and restless.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom