CivNoobie
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I'm more than happy to be a resource for a fellow engineer, just send me a message if you have any questions! There are quite a few engineers around and some ChEs too, mostly over in OT.
    From what I remember of undergrad, it sounds like you won't be troubled by the math. There will be a bit of differential equations you'll have to deal with, but you should be able to handle the rest with your current background, especially if you like doing it.

You'll be doing a lot of pure chemistry classes along the way (we had gen chem, inorganic chem, two semesters of organic chem, and the associated lab courses early on). We did both of our chemical engineering labs (unit ops, process design) in our junior and senior years, with the last semester taken up by a big senior design project. I think that's pretty standard although each school tweaks the formula a little.
    Gotta say, I really liked undergrad more than grad. In undergrad, you do more practical hands-on kind of engineering work as opposed to grad school where you do more first-principles-derived kind of work in a field that is not very amenable to that analysis.

Fair warning, though, ChE is a tough branch of engineering. It's very math-intensive while requiring some of the puzzle logic-type knowledge you use in chemistry. Are you in undergrad now or planning to apply to schools?
    Depends on what you want to do. ChE has a lot of overlap with mechanical engineering, chemistry, materials science, and biological sciences now as well. The big ideas that distinguish it, so to speak, are designing large-scale chemical reactors, understanding heat, mass, and momentum transport, and doing chemical separations (which no other major does on the scale).

B.S. in ChE will generally get you into a process or project engineering type job. Process engineers will oversee and improve upon an existing industrial process (and there are too many examples here to list) while project engineers will be designing new processes and building factories from scratch. Generally, they will be minor partners under more senior guys or M.S./Ph.D. guys until they have the experience to do it on their own.

There's also all kinds of overlap and and tangential jobs you can take, too much for me to describe in a short post.
    Hello, CivNoobie. The mod that you've been after is called Blue Marble. Once you download it you'll be able to change the menu colors too. The main effect is making the landscape more detailed and beautiful. Try it, tell if you have difficulties with something and I'll check the situation :)! -Robert
    I never go to the restaurant. The last time I went to one was like 10 years ago when I was 16 and I don't recall the moment at all.

The most close to restaurant stuff is make an order of pizza, but I'm getting it myself.

But I suppose I would give some tip. How much?, I dunno.
    We're both @ssholes, so we understand each others, but perhaps you know a bit better because of your orientation.... ;)

weed is gr8t.
    If you are referring to the quote, you are the first person to ever comment on that in like the 2 to 3 years it's been in my sig. thanks ;)
    CivNoobie, why are you so suggesting so much sexual content? And why being so counter-aggressive. As for I, although the agressive facade I have, I am mainly jolly. And seriously, and that scat thing in my attempt to help you was pretty out of the place.

Anyways, even though I am 24 years old, I never had any facebook account. I more or less back number.

Sodomizing, oh come on.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom