Arakhor
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• I don't know what you mean to be honest but I'd prefer not to talk down individuals on my wall so feel free to PM if you wish.
    Yep: tall, thin, long wingspan!

I was only in hospital for a few days, and that was after they'd kept me in a couple of days longer than necessary as a precaution. Though I'm guessing your operation was much more major than mine - my actual (second) pneumothorax had cleared up by about August, it was just a procedure to (hopefully) stop it happening again.
    The song is extremely catchy. I was listening to it when I was unbanned, so I went with the first line.
    Nah, I'm not that anal. :D

just using the search engine for thread title creationism ;)

Love the evidence for creationism though. Checking on page 40: "Will someone please post some evidence!?!?!?!"
    Is there a reason why the animals couldn't eat other in the garden of eden? I always though Christians didn't believe animals were in or could go to heaven. So what would it matter if animals were degenerate meat-eating sinners? More reason to cast them out and never allow them to return!
    Once you're already in the realm of magical garden's why not just have God feed the animal's meat with a snap of his fingers? Or as the Simpsons did it, you can simply take pre-cooked bacon off pigs without harming them.

No need to go around making lions vegetarians.
    Glad you enjoyed it.. I consider it to be one of those "Everyone should read this at least once" things, at least that's how much I enjoyed it on my first read
    That makes me very afraid. Because I am actually considering anonymizing myself more. :p
    The Catholic Church says, from both natural law and divine revelation, that it is immoral to harm another human being (principle of double effect excepted). But it does not stake a claim as to when, biologically speaking, a human being is actually formed by reproduction. In the medieval times it was widely believed (due to primitive observatory techniques) that it was a human being after about forty days. It is now known in the modern age that there is continuity that goes straight from zygote to birth.
    Well of course I do, please. I acknowledge I have barely seen any Monty Python gags, but that's an entirely different thing.
    That's a fair enough description. I'd still argue in the context of the original thread, though, that they represent two distinct failures of the British political system, in a way which the two intervening conflicts in Northern Ireland- the Northern (1942-44) and Border (1956-62) campaigns- did not.
    The two conflicts weren't fundamentally that different. In both cases, you had insurgent forces operating waging an irregular campaign on behalf of a provisional government engaged in a dispute with the British government over sovereignty of a given territory. In both conflicts, Republican and Loyalists paramilitaries used a combination of irregular and terrorist tactics, and at the height of the Troubles- the late '60s through early '80s- irregular warfare rather than terrorism was predominate within the Six Counties themselves. The difference, in terms of how we categorise it, really comes down to the fact that the earlier war produced a definite geopolitical reorganisation, while the later would just produced an awkward stalemate.
    The Irish War of Independence and the Troubles. We tend to sweep them under the rug as a somehow uniquely Irish affair, but in reality they were always a British affair, or at least an affair of Britain-in-Ireland.
    Good day comrade.

There is a space based game called IOT: Great Journeys that has been set up. Consider it for great justice!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom