Arakhor
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• You got me so nostalgic that I read through book 1 yesterday.:D It was hard but I went through with no cheating, and no peeking at other sections until after I won... with 1 EP left :whew:... no seriously. I even remembered how to find Bandeon and get the Crystal Star. I went through the graveyard at the end, because I only had 1 EP and I remembered that that was the one path you could take that you could get through without fighting and without any instant "You lose X EPs" if you took the exact right path.

It's funny because it made me remember my very first visit to the Graveyard, my first time playing book 1. I died to the Ancient evil, but not by being sucked into the Vortex, I had the stupid Vordak Gem/Doomstone and it killed me when it exploded trying to "save" me. From then on I always picked Sixth Sense as one of my skills.;)
    My first was Chasm of Doom. In my very first read, I got lost and died to some pink cave fungus IIRC, a very inauspicious start:lol: My second try I think I recall dying again, this time to a Kraan riding Vordak on some rooftop. I remember thinking that it was a very strong enemy to be facing in the middle of the story. When I finally won, I went back and peeked at what this "Sommerswerd" they were asking me about was, and it sounded so awesome, I was hooked:D... I had to go get the first book and play them in order.

I never liked using the Random table. It always felt like cheating. I was glad when I got my little green 10sider. I actually just found it on the floor at school one day. I couldn't understand what it was at first but one day I accidentally dropped it and it came up 9, and BAM!... just like that I realized what it was:eek: Things were never the same.

Vonotar the Traitor... That was the wizard in White's name
    Ah, it's so nice to meet a fellow fan. I spent alot of my youth reading those books over and over. They had such great replay value. Nice to know I didn't waste my time on something I would never be able to discuss with anyone ever again.;)

Hey Arakhor, have you ever been to Project Aon? It was one of the most awesome websites I've ever seen. They have basically transcribed the whole series into an interacive website. So you can read the books online and click your choices to move to the next section. You have to use your own RNG method though:(... I havent seen a 10-sided die in years.:)
    Do you remember encountering any typos in the Go-to 's? As in, you go to the section the text directs you to only to find that it has nothing to do with what was happening before? How did you deal with that? Start over? Just go back and pick the other thing? I remember this happening in Castle Death a couple of times. Was that what you meant by "butchered" US versions?
    The other thing that is just annoying is all the books clearly say that the Sommerswerd is the ONLY weapon that can kill a Helghast. You never get to use the "Magic Spear" again. But in that book you can kill the Helghast with the Magic Spear, so what gives? I guess since you get the Sommerswerd in the same book it makes the Spear redundant, but what if you picked Spears as your weaponskill weapon? What if you want to leave the Sommerswerd at home for "safe keeping" and use the Magic Spear for Helghast killing?... Nope too bad, if you meet up with any more Helghast and you have the Magic Spear you just get pwned...lame.
    2.)You basically lost unless you had Animal Kinship, which nobody would pick until you realize you cant win without it... 3.) The only other way to win was to get lucky enough after the shipwreck to be unlucky enough to have to fight a Helghast, and then lucky enough to win that impossible odds battle with no weapons (or cheat to win)... Then on top of it all you still have to be a complete d!ck to Rhygar and didn't give him the only thing he could use to defend himself... again, which NOBODY would do (unless you had already died and were just cheating to get past that point).
    Thanks for the tip. Hmmm, I remember all of my books (at least the Kai and most of the MagnaKai ones) saying Joe Dever and Gary Chalk at the bottom. So does that mean I had the UK editions? For example my "Fire on the Water" had the picture of the Wizard in white from the final naval battle. That book BTW... despite being one of the most-fun was super-annoying, because once you win you realize it was essentially impossible for you to have won without cheating ... because there are all these things you MUST do or you die much later. I hate that. Why let me keep playing when I have no way of winning? 1.) You could play all the way to the Inn and then die because you didn't get the ticket before boarding the coach... lame.
    Yes I will, but in the meantime I am consumed by feelings. By desiring what I cant nor want to have, by fearing to be left out in the dark without a roof to go under. Which is a baseless and irrational fear, but it is still there. Its all the teen angst catching up after all this years.
    It's a great game, imo.

What server you on? If you don't mind me asking. I'm on Jedi Covenant, I think it is.
    :lol: I think you're the first one to mention anything about that.

I changed my name to Heerlo, the same name as the character in my avatar, just with a slight difference in spelling. And my status on here, "Keeper of Truth", is a title you can use on SWTOR. Sadly, I can't use it right now because I'm not subscribed.

Do you play SWTOR too?
    Well we have a different scale. Regardless, unless you're on of those people craving martyrdom there is some point at which you compromise your principles. Even Galileo recanted.
    I LOVE the Falco series! :D My Classical History prof in college loaned me his copy of Venus in Copper and I got immediately and totally hooked.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom