Hygro
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Indeed. Would have been an interesting topic were it not for the apparent background. C'est la vie.
    When you come to the Netherlands, you're more than welcome to ask for a meetup! :) I live in Amsterdam myself.
    :lol:

Same old over here. Doing super science and hittin' es, in approximately that order.

EDIT: Aww... it censored the line...
    I'll have to conduct a serious thorough examination of all the material there (and skip what's done by others).

Unfortunately I know squat about musical theory, but I am told I have a good ear -by people who listen to the same type of music as I do.
    Hey I'm loving that soundcloud of yours. If you sold an inexpensive enough CD I'd buy it!
    You probably missed what happened with that damn camera. So Australian postal services sent it back to Finland as they couldn't read Stuge's writing (it was blurry or something).....months later it came back to Aus but they kept it at my post office, they didn't deliver to my house. I was in Bali for 3 weeks and the 2 week holding period expired.....and I kid you not, the damn thing went back to Finland AGAIN.
    I was referencing a thread you had with Perfection a couple of years ago, which got taken down by the mods.
    I was kind of joking, but I don't think very many people run for President without seriously lusting for power. Nobody who was an exception to this would grab half as much as Lincoln did.

I almost want to say Lincoln was the absolute worst, but then there's Woodrow... And Franklin. :sad:
    I think you're wrong on that last point, but I understand it. It may be that consolidating dictatorial power wasn't his goal. He did do it in many ways though. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if that was his goal. Everybody dreams of being king.

I don't believe we should have gone to war with the Confederacy at all, of course.
    In the light of the latest thread about Obama's newly discovered executive powers, I'm curious how you'd defend Lincoln in the light of your (Rather reasonable) assessment of the situation.... Lincoln arrested tens of thousands of people without trial, as even pro-Lincoln scholars admit.

Most people are just like "But the Confederacy owned slaves, so this justifies Glorious Leader's Oppression, blah blah blah" but you've always struck me as reasonable (Even when I sometimes disagree, of course) so I'm curious if you can give me a better answer in his defense.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12193958&postcount=364

This is an interesting post, and describes pretty much why I'm opposed to pretty much all wars of all kinds. Even in the unusual situation where it is actually waged to end a genocide, and doesn't make things worse for the invaded country, I'm still opposed to it. War Presidents always take away our civil rights. You can't have war without losing civil rights. That's also one of the reasons why Lincoln is pretty much the worst, his war was so easy to avoid and he pretty much went out of his way to make sure Americans weren't free during his regime. I don't get why people like him at all, in spite of the many attempts by CFCers to defend him.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom