Arakhor
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• I took it! But it fell from my pocket on the street just after leaving my friend's home for the club, and I had to go recover it AFTER the clubgoing because we were in a hurry.
    Nah, its just this bisexual female friend, who loves parties and clubs and is obsessed with making me HAVe FUN! Imagine! Have fun! Her way, of course. If I had had my mobile phone, I would have asked the Taiwanese and the Chinese-Bolivian friend of his their numbers. :)
    No, I'd tend to agree with you. I think that if the conception of God as good means anything then his behaviour has to conform to a tolerable degree to what we'd think of as good.
    I think most people who believe things about Jesus believe him to have been what they want him to have been (not necessarily deliberately though). I don't think it's so much a matter of "proving" a theological point as just believing what fits in with their other preconceptions. Someone who believes that Jesus was divine, for example, probably believes Jesus to have been how they imagine God to be anyway, at least to some degree. At the same time, though, such people are typically constrained in what they can believe by church teachings, the Bible, etc., so it's not like it's a doctrinal free for all.
    More grey than you expected eh? :lol:

It's my youthful exhuberance. I act like a 41 year old kid, but I don't look the part.
    Ahahahaha! No, but now I wish I'd meant that :D Naw, RLF works at a Hyundai dealership, and I know he loves Bali and that's where he was talking about not wanting to leave, so I figure "hey, just open your own dealership there."

I'm really not as witty as you were giving me credit for there, sad to say!
    Well it sounds more natural in greek, since the "d" is a delta, which makes a very different and lighter sound than the latin "d". :)

Most of the names ending in -eus can also end alternatively in -eas. Eg. Odysseas. I rather prefer it that way, although not in all cases. For example Bias, the sage from Priene, is called Bias o Prieneus, and it sounds better than Bias o Prieneas, probably also due to both terms then ending in -as.
    Tons of names end in -eus anyway. Prometheus, Epimetheus, Odysseus etc. All those are pronounced as ending in -efs. The latin pronounciation always is different, and has infested English too ;)

I think - not sure - that the latin term for god (Deus) also comes from Zeus, in a variation of his name.
    Uh, i am pretty sure it does. But Zeus also is/was pronounced as Zefs :hmm: Zeus seems to be a term related to zeukse, which means "binding together". While that is not entirely for certain, i have never heard of Zeus being pronounced Zoos or something like that. Pretty certain it was not in antiquity either :)
    The second is just a stupid form of the first. The first is still used as well. Probably has to do with the ultra-demoticism (form of the language supposedly more easy to speak, replacing the older, mainly byzantine form of Greek) going on in the second half of the 20th century here.
    I expected that you didn't, but that you'd do some magical Google Translate. :p
    Chicken Bovril tastes even worse, though that picture looks authentic. It's definitely possible to have it as a drink, as I recall.

A brief Google search suggests that (beef) Bovril is banned from US import, so this Bovrite would appear to be the replacement.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom