Terrance888
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• oh, and I feel no need to continue the discussion either on #nes or here. Going to #nes would just result in more lunacy, and the issue of interpretation has already been resolved (you know now what I meant, and I now know why you misinterpreted) so there is no point to continue discussing with you. Hopefully you learn basic decency alongside that, but I'm a realist here and don't expect some dramatic change in your customs based on this foreigners position on the matter.
    Maybe I'm being uncharitable, perhaps cultural differences have facilitated this whole discussion to begin with and continue to pose pitfalls, but it appears my statement that you were not an idiot is mistaken. Lets just say It tends to be extremely poor form to go chat about what was a mutual exchange between the two of us to the mob, behind my back, and when only your view was given. If a discussion is between two people you simply do not go and lay it out before the mob, particularly when their opinion is irrelevant considering the misunderstanding was clarified, along with your own position on why you misunderstood. This was a discussion between us, there was no reason for you to go off speaking of it elsewhere. (note, I'm annoyed just thought Id say it in case you couldn't understand)
    I know. I was still annoyed at you from the thread, and you posted right after NK said he's gonna take a bit (admittedly on #nes) so I made an assumption.

Personally NK is doing a great job. NESers are fickle creatures by nature and he is doing better than most. Perhaps he needs to change, but I think not as he has expressed before how the current way of doing it is ok as long as major players aren't too late. If he wants to change that is up to him.
    I said he requires aforementioned carrots/sticks, I didn't say anything about them being applied to him, or about anyone else using them on him. Likewise if you look at the context, (he is GM, you and I had just had a discussion on players not putting orders in) if my statement had North King as the subject of stick/carrot abuse it would be patently absurd, considering the GM has absolute power, considering there is leverage we have over a GM in regards to any game at all, and considering there is nothing towards which we could give him a carrot to do better anyway, or more simply, "what carrots?". (what did you think I meant, pay him to excise late orders or something?)
    All I said was that considering the number of idiots who can't get there orders on time, he might need to use a bigger stick (punitive measures) with possibly a bigger carrot (some bonus or reward for getting orders in on time) if the cut if is to truly become a cutoff.

If you take that as insulting to North King (who I agree is one of the best mods on the forum), than you are either an idiot, overly temperamental, lacking in the literacy department, or much more likely than either of those things (since I presume you fit into none of those categories) you are the sort of person who reads things into what other people say and responds on the artifice you have created in your mind rather than to what was actually written.
    Good day.

I have recently released a IOT called Intrigue of Magic, set in a fantasy world. It is a classic style IOT: story making is king.

Consider well for chaos! :D
    In consideration to the list of clans any additional clans need be added to help enhance the list of targets/trade partners for the Black Dogs?
    A reminder that your sign-up for Flying Blind is not yet complete (missing: full sign-up)
    Right. I would be the guy responsible for the idea and most of the text in the IOT Constitution, so double irony on me missing something in NES (I'm busy/less active in NES/possibly leaving CFC due to my schedule, so forgive me). Looking over it, I'm not sure if you actually have the same issue as IOT, or if this is just an isolated incident. Either way, I just wrote up a "middle ground" set of guidelines, addressing the concerns of the moderators, GMs, and players, in a way that I thought was (A) most likely to get passed, and (B) most fair to all three parties. I then posted a thread, and.. well.. basically harassed people for their input, so that I wasn't the only one speaking. And since I was talking to Bird at the time, I can tell you from experience that he was very receptive to the idea.
    I wish to give my condolences to what happened in NES. :(

With Azale gone it is notable that things are not jolly.

I do hope that there is a recovery.

If you fancy to express your frustrations on a forum I will officially invite you to Beyond the Lampshade. As way as being a community of debate and humour it also has its own sandbox (where a game could be set) and a genuine closeness of the community.

Should you consider; I think Azale might find BTL a good place. It is a shame he has to leave. BTL would make a good refugee site. We will be considering to GMs.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom