warpus
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Here you go.

Sorry it was so long. It had to be; there was a lot to cover. Hope it's helpful and not too boring.
    Yeah I heard about the save game breaking. :(

How did your computer crap out? You building a mini-super computer to replace it?
    I just read The Last Question after following your link. That was surprisingly entertaining.
    Sorry if I've invited you to my group twice. I easily accept no for an answer, but I honestly can't remember if I've already sent you an invitation or not.
    Sometime this weekend I will throw up a docking tutorial and something about getting to Duna and back. Sorry again I left you hanging for so long after promising other tutorials, I couldn't use my computer while I was on vacation and typing on my phone and my grandma's virus infested notebook is too much of a chore for tutorials.

I got to unpack and apply for some internships at Boeing, but after that I'm going to have some free time to play KSP and write tutorials. Anything in particular you need help with?
    I marked up your rocket for you. Hope it helps!

The design is solid, I only suggested minor tweaks.
    Probably you are right on the simplest design thing. Quite often bigger is not better - you reach a point where adding more engines means you have to add more fuel to power those engines, which takes more engines, which takes more fuel and so on.

If you have a large rocket and you find it underperforms, try taking out a fuel tank and seeing if that helps.

Are you using multiple side boosters of any kind or do you just have a central core with nothing attached? If you are using the former, I can teach you how to do asparagus staging, which dramatically improves performance. Or you can youtube it because a video will be able to show you how to do it better than I can describe it with words.
    I threw up another great wall of text tutorial for you. Let me know if you have any other KSP questions!

cheers,
    hobbsyoyo
    Nah, I'm assuming it was because the video had boobs in it.... You should definitely start a thread about monkey penises :lol:
    Thanks for posting that stuff warpus, it is indeed really interesting...

I don't think I actually disagree with you now, in light of what you've written here. I think that (a) I misunderstood your first post, and (b) I read too much into what you meant by "evolved". What you're saying here makes a lot of sense, and what you wrote in that thread also makes a lot of sense in light of what you've written here!

Thanks!
    Hahaha it's funny to read that Canadians spend their thanksgiving talking about 'murican politics just like us. ;)

How was the other debate? I only read the OP, but it didn't seem to be around long. Is it done already? How did it go? Was the peanut gallery more involved?

In the end, I really think the formal debate idea was something everyone thought sounded like fun but no one (besides us) was willing to put any effort into it to make it happen. And they also didn't have enough actually interest to sustain the idea. Shame really, could've been a neat addition to OT.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom