Mouthwash
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums Resources About

• tCapitals is the starting plot. tBirth is the spawn year, but you also to change startingTurnYear in CvRhyes.cpp.
    Stability maps are in CvRhyes.cpp, flips are the core areas (these areas are extended for some AI civs in RiseAndFall.initBirth()).

What exactly do you mean with spawns? Spawn dates?
    I'm not a moderator. I don't give people infractions or anything like that. I'm just supposed to be here to give new ideas related to making CFC's site better when it comes to Civ content.
    I do love you. Or at least, I try to love you as much as I can. I hope you forgive me for my failings, and know that even when I give you , it's because I want the best for you, and know you're capable of the best.
    I was thinking about doing that. I changed to this one since I started binging on AGEOD's Civil War II game, but always intended to return to the original.
    I wish I could. What's required for this game is usually only superficial knowledge so my own historical knowledge and reading up on Wikipedia and other linked sources is usually sufficient.
    I'd probably want the book for roughly three months (from the time it arrives at my door). How long would you want timeline? The same amount of time I'm guessing?
    I'd be willing to (temporarily) part with Timeline by Michael Crichton and Return with Honor by Captain Scott O'Grady for 100 decisive battles.
    I mean, I'm not going to tell you what to buy, but those aren't your grandmother's high school textbooks. Those are highly refined, well researched and edited texts which represent the foremost in research in the field. This is why I was specific about which publishers to buy from. Sure they're "textbooks" in the sense that they are broad-ranging texts designed to give you a basic overview of the period, but that's kind of what you wanted, right? Those books are there to give you a good base to start from, and, most importantly clue you into where to go next through recommended readings. But sure, if you want to dive in with a relatively narrow topic from before the linguistic turn, be my guest.

*EDIT* I misread the first part of your message. Egypt and the Egyptians should be exactly what you're looking for. Enjoy!
    Alternatively there is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Egypt-Egyptians-Douglas-J-Brewer/dp/0521616891/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1383692647&sr=1-1&keywords=Egypt

Fewer pages and more expensive, but the description sounds good. It seems to cover its bases quite well with sections devoted to the role of women in Egyptian society.

http://www.amazon.com/Oxford-History-Ancient-Egypt/dp/0192804588/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1383693137&sr=1-2&keywords=Egypt

This is the Oxford University Press' equivalent survey text. Cheaper and thicker, but about 5-10ish years older.
    How's this one?

Recently published, from a good publisher, also:

"this volume is suitable for use in introductory-level courses on ancient Egypt. It offers a variety of student-friendly features, including a glossary, a bibliography, and a list of sources for those who wish to further their interest in ancient Egypt."

$28 really isn't all that bad for these sorts of books, especially considering how new it is. I imagine it would suit your needs quite well.
    http://goo.gl/6sKHtJ

Amazon's advanced search feature allows you to search by publisher. Berkeley University Press is another great publisher. From those books you can get a feel for who the prominent authorities in the field are and subsequently delve into more advanced research if you so choose.
    Hi, sorry, I guess I didn't see your reply until now. It's OK, sometimes I put photos up in the everyday photos section. It's very safe.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom