caketastydelish
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Maybe I'm not getting your point exactly, but wouldn't studying computer science help you learn to make mods?
    Like they say, 'Experience is the best teacher.'

Speaking of Rhye, I hope they make RFC for Civ5.
    I've been thinking about college ever since I got the GED back in June. I might try to learn a little coding from a few free sources, and then I might be a little more prepared if I decided to go to college.

Hope you can get the job. You're doing better than me. I haven't even got an interview yet. I put in an application at Bojangles last week. I'm hoping they'll consider me. I'm sorta like you, in that I don't really care how much I make, just as long as the pay is halfway decent. I just want to earn some money somewhere. :lol:
    I've been trying to get my first job. Still not sure if I want to go to college yet or not. I guess I better be deciding. I thought about going to college to learn programming, but I don't know yet....
    Well I hope you get it.

This may seem like a dumb question, but I saw in the Careers Without College thread that you are learning networking. What all are you learning exactly?
    I'd be interested in Timeline, but not the other one. How long would you lend it? And how long would you want 100 Decisive Battles?
    Well, it's not just because I live in America. i used to think that that was the major reason as well, but as I've gotten older and exposed myself to more academic literature, the news, and so forth, I've realized that due to the West's dominance on the world stage in the past couple of centuries, it's something that's established itself really strongly in fields ranging from the sciences to history, literature to politics - and as you can figure out these fields aren't in just America. Of course, if East Asia or Africa were dominating the world, most things we consider "normal" would be Sinocentric or Afrocentric or whatever, so that doesn't necessarily make Eurocentrism worst or better than these; however, it does mean that here and now, Eurocentrism is the more dominant one, for better or worse.

Lastly, even if it was only in the limited context of America, that wouldn't make my dislike of it any less.
    It's no worse and no better in my opinion. I've been around enough Asian nationalists to know they're just as annoying as hardcore Eurocentrists. It's just that since the "West" "won" the "game" of history so far, Eurocentrism is more dominant and Asiancentrism is really just limited to Asian nationalism for now. Or something or whatever.
    1) I said that Hitler was smart. Not that he was not a war criminal or a brutal murderer. Hitler lived in a time were to massacre civilians was accepted as a War Crime.

2) I know of your second point. That is an argument that I have used again and again when someone compares Hitler to Genghis or Alexander. Genghis killed those who resisted. Hitler wanted to exterminate entire ethnic groups for racial reasons.

3) I have never said that Hitler was a hero, I have never said that Genghis and Hitler are the same (if you are talking about the thread, I was talking about people who compare Genghis and Hitler, not that I compare them) and I think that Nazism is stupid. I am not and the most liberal person (in fact I support the idea of limiting the right to vote only to the educated people who are older than 30), but I am not a racist.

I do not know why everyone thinks I am a racist. I have no hate for Turks or even the FYROMians.
    1) I am not racist against the Germans. I was just angry and (for which I am sorry) I insulted him.

2) I never said that Hitler was a hero. He was a very smart man (you have to be in order to take power in a nation as large as Germany and then to conquer almost all of Europe), but not a hero.

3) About Genghis Khan, I like him very much as a historical figure. He indeed did a lot of crimes, but those massacres were crimes only by modern standars. Back then, there was not a term for "war crimes", simply because the idea that the victor could do anything with those defeated was accepted by everyone. This may seem strange, but it is only because we are taught in schools that the massacre of civilians is a war crime. The Mongols, and most people in the Ancient and Medieval times, were taught that it was their right to massacre/rape/loot those who have been defeated.
    That's my point, though, isn't it? That women were writing stuff in that era worthy of being regarded as "classics", and that we possess the capacity to recognise that despite the prejudices of their era, but for some reason we don't, we inherit those prejudices without much criticism, which implies to me that we haven't quite rid ourselves of them.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom