BenZL43
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• No, I haven't had any problems at all with CFC, I wish I could help though.
    Have you thought of using CCleaner or Malwarebytes for a quick scan or two?
    Hi! I'm working on a project regarding Indonesia, and I wish to do some preliminary investigation by asking you some questions. Do you mind? Do you also want me to give you the details of the project?
    No, my father and grandfather were born and raised on the mainland but my uncles/aunts/etc.
    were from Singapore/Malaysia if that makes sense; the migrations and stuff are hazy, but my grandfather eventually settled there for awhile after the war and had more kids while my father stayed on the mainland for awhile before coming to the States. I have very little claim to any Singaporean/Malaysian identity and mostly know the culture via extended family, haha. Sometimes I eat kaya toast, but that doesn't really count for anything :p.

As for the other stuff, no, I don't shave my head, ever.
    I have an awful habit of growing my hair long in the summer and cutting it medium in the winter.
    We (my family) all have our busy schedules too, so it's lunch with the family instead of dinner.
    As for Guanyin, I haven't properly prayed to any bodhisattva in general since I was a young child, so in short, no, haha.
    It really varies, as there's lots of different kinds of Chinese here (Taiwanese Americans, descendants of Fujianese immigrants from the 19th century, modern expats from the PRC, Yuenan Huaqiao, etc.) but at least in my experience (my father's side of the family, although widespread in a lot of countries and originally from the mainland, has a majority Singaporean/Malaysian background), I usually have lunch with my extended family and get 红包, lol. We eat curry + fish + chicken + noodles etc. With my mother's side of the family, when I go see them in the following days, I typically have a more "countryside" style of meal, lol.
    Education is very important, but Japan takes it the more seriously. They have their Confucian values. However, I would like to see Oregonian schools take up Confucian values as well as Platonic values.
    Two years of preschool, one year of Kindergarten, five years of elementary school, three years of middle school, four years of high school.
    No it was gakkou, high school.

My host family lived in a traditional, with a traditional shower and bath, sliding doors and thin (however somewhat modern) walls. There was no garden though. Keep in my my host family lived in Tochigi, outside of Tokyo.
    It was during the summer, so we did not see hamami. I was with a host family (who was, surprisingly, half Korean; the Japanese hate Koreans), and for two weeks I went to a Japanese school.
    "Wow, how many days? alone? which cities you've been? What privileges? ahaha I'm currently savings too so I can go there lol. One main problem for me is the cheapest flight from JKT to Haneda Tokyo arrive at 11PM and by the time I finished the immigrations and customs; there's no train anymore from Haneda to Yokohama haha"

One month. With my japanese class (9 other people including teacher (sensei)), Tochigi and Tokyo provinces, we got to go into Nikko Toshogu and go into the reception room of the temple, where you can only get in if you have connections with the priesthood.
    Why not call up a taxi?

Thank you very much for the happy birthday, it means a lot to me.
    Yes! It was fantastic! I spent a whole year saving up to be able to afford it. 3,500 dollars; but I got a lot of accommodations and privileges.

Also remember that money conversions sometimes don't reflect well. Sure it's 12 dollars, but you also make more here.
    Ticket prices for new released 2D movies are around 12 dollars, and 3d is about 16 dollars.
    Somewhat old movies I can watch in the suburbs of Portland for 4 dollars for a double-feature.

Classic art movies are around 9 dollars. Such as Lady Snowblood (修羅雪姫)

Japan is more expensive.
    My BMI is 21.9. Don't let it get to you, BMI is a really dumb measure. It doesn't taken into consideration.... anything.

I have a Hobbit frame. People have been calling me Bilbo recently because I kind of act and look like the Bilbo from The Hobbit movie. It makes it hard for me in Jiu Jitsu.
    Ah yeah so I'd really like you. I'm tired of having about 1/3 of people be a head taller than me. We're average height in Japan.
    I've never seen it.

If you want to watch a movie which I think best captures Portland, watch My Idiot Brother.

I heard Indonesia has the lowest average height for guys. How tall are you? I'm... well, as you know America uses the English system. So I'm 5'7
    I imagine so. Portland actually has a bureau just for food carts; Japan has Bento box lunches, and Portland has food carts. It is what almost everyone has for lunch. Six dollar lunches is fast food price, yet food carts supports small, mercantile and skilled businesses that support diversity. Tasty too. Fairly healthy if you don't eat like a cow the rest of the day. I like getting some Thai or American soup now and then -- very healthy.

I imagine kabaab comes from Turkey, yeah. The guy was Iraqi though and it was his food cart.

There is Pakistani, haven't tried it yet. Burkinabe? What is that? Bulgarian? Not that I know of, but there is Romanian. Somalian? Haven't seen one. Peruvian? Yes. Don't know where though but I'm positive I'm near one.

Remember though, these are only food carts that I know of in a half a mile radius from the university. Outside of that I'm very sure that we have every food.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom