adhiraj.bose
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I'll post it tomorrow. I'm going to write it in phases, first the resources, then the terrain features. I'm writing it using the original map for help with x/y coordinates.
    There should be a windows emulator in the internet somewhere. Where's the map? Post it on the master map thread, so many players can test it.
    Congratulations! There isn't any right track, if the map plays then you are fine, else the map won't play.
    Thanks for the good wishes :) .

[Just FYI, I think the feature Leoreth mentioned comes with the latest SVN. Since I can't download that on my mac I'll have to go to a cyber cafe and download it on that computer and bring the downloaded SVN to my other laptop. I can't really commit myself to this right now at least till the exam's done :p]

In the meantime I took a little off and decided to play a Mughal game on epic. The culture goal was at 75000 culture points. Well I got up to 54000 by 1750 and couldn't manage to get to Industrial age. But even that wouldn't have helped much. I managed the two other goals effortlessly though. I am trying for a culture victory. The year is 1836 and three culture cities have 24000, 21000, and 20000 approx. culture points till now. I just wanted to know do the GAs give a higher value for an artistic work in epic mode than in normal mode ? Or is it the same ? When the next turn came my game crashed. It crashes wayy too often in fact :p.
    Fixed the maps (see my latest post in the thread). There was a compatibility problem with the Conscription civic. Coordinates:
    The x variable is the right/left coordinate, while y variable is the up/down coordinate. x is zero near Alaska and increases from left to right. y is zero in Antarctica and increases from bottom to top. You can see some coordinates in the consts.py, for example the starting location, the core area. Good luck!
    The map is made for a specific edition. However, you should be able to play the map. Just install the maps only and ommit everything else. It should work in any SVN edition. I'll add your changes in the TODO list. However, as I stated, I made the maps once, and I don't know if I will maintain the project.
    Usually for major cities like that, the coordinates is hidden somewhere in the Python assets, but if it isn't, you can figure it out by mapping it. There's a program made somewhere that can automatically tell you the coordinates; while I use an Excel files I created myself (but it's lost now).

You can change the capital location in tCapitals (line 1010 of Consts.py)
    You can change the core areas in tCoreAreasTL and tCoreAreasBR (Top-Left and Bottom-Right, respectively) >> iirc this core areas is part of the game that will flip. iirc.
    Ok, give it a go and good luck. If you are able to give khampas 5 eXPerience points the give some of them the promotion 25% against military units to destroy pikemen easier. I think that finding Pikemen is little weird, China is disencouraged to produce them in order to make the Mongol UHV doable, as far as I know.
    You should go for the chinese then. Plan the war, siege weapons, and cupturing (and destroying if needed) chinese core cities. Hide in jungles or evade form the dessert. Send a spy to perform city anarchy if possible. I can't thing of anything else, I told you everything I would try to do. :dunno:
    Maybe you should build a small army at first. I conquered Pagan and Patna at first, then I conquered Chengdu and finally Chang'an. However, I played an older version and in the new versions I think civs build more units. Going for India it's a good alternative until the Mughal spawn, but I think the best strategy is to conquer the Chinese. Try to conquer Changan, Nanjing, Kaifeng and other cities inside their core area and raze some if you can't keep them. If you can't conquer them straightforward pillage the countryside (especially the irons and the horses), the mines, destroy routes, so that they cannot transfer units, try to bring allies in the war. If they are too strong consider building siege units which cause collateral damage. In my game I conquered and lost cities some times before they finally collapsed. If you weaken then enough they will be destroyed by the mongols (don't let them to take the chinese cities, orelse they will be a constant danger).
    I conquered almost all of China, their cities are productive and you need them to produce all these missionaries. If you don't run theocracy conquer Azimahand (Patna or Pataliputra) and Nanjing to pop these 5 great prophets. You need 2 holy city shrines per city which means about 5-6 priests per city. You need Azimahad and Nanjing to focus only in priests (build only priest-related buildings to them like temples, and irrigate the surroundings to feed the priests). The other cities must focus only in missionary building after the first goal is accomplished. If you run theocracy (which means unlimited priests per city) then use the two most food-productive cities. Plan ahead to decide which areas to spread budhism. Start converting the far west, as the deadline comes closer and closer your missionaries won't have enough time to reach far-away targets. Choose the most populus and most irreligious cities possible. In my game Buddhism to all the far east and half Europe. Have a good game.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom