caketastydelish
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Sure, I could. I'm not very good at spotting grammatical errors (I tend to make a fair share myself in papers) but I can look for content and pacing, and see how that works out.

What type of writing is it? Is it a paper, or some fiction you've written up? Or something else?
    Do you mind doing the game setup? It's been months since I've played and I don't remember what I'm doing. The only condition I have is I prefer we be on the same team please.
    I haven't forgotten about our game. Maybe we can get together sometime soon.
    (Part I)

Although maybe tainted by nationalist intent (which is not entirely wrong, but may trigger bad reaction from others or ignore mode as I saw), I definitely agree with you 300 and its sequel (or whatever it is) are incredibly biased and off historical. And I tend to agree it seems to be fitted to teenagers. First, knowing 300 movie through "This is Sparta!" meme, I almost got to see the movie a couple months ago (so late I decided...oh well never too late they say...), but after seeing Xerxes in this SM attire, I was dejected. I was expected to see this, not this piece of crap. I'm no Persian/Iranian/Aryan (I could be categorized into the most common "white people"), but I like accuracy foremost. Not necessarily 100% accurate.
    (Part II)

At last, I do understand why iranians (since it is the real name of Persians) could be insulted by such piece of work since it showcases Greeks as heroes and Persians as barbarians.
    Being history fan of ancient history (particularly Middle East and Africa), Persia is far from this depiction. In a sentence, I could say about it more or less:

"One of the first grandiose empire through conquest, but order and equilibrium were kept not thanks to savage repression, but by respect of vernacular cultures and will of "vassals". A policy tending to an early form of federalism, leaving locals doing their business in peace. Also reputed not into slavery with Cyrus' actions, liberations of Jews from Babylon and rights to slaves"

As most of the time, documentaries are the best for me in the end. :)
    It's okay, but I probably won't have a good time to play again until tomorrow. So, maybe we can get together then.
    I've noticed your group in your signature. Somehow, I don't know if I would fit in since I have a bachelors degree (yet it's not being utilized since I'm in a minumum-wage job and my career goal has diverged away from my original major).
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom