Mouthwash
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums Resources About

• Christopher Kelly's Ruling the Later Roman Empire would be a good starting point, followed by Whittaker's Frontiers of the Roman Empire: A Social and Economic Study. I particularly like Fergus Millar's Rome, the Greek World and the East, especially volume 2, to give an idea of where the emperor, the state and their subjects fitted in the general imperial framework. You also have particular regional case studies like Woolf's Becoming Roman: The Origins of Provincial Civilisation in Gaul and Churchin's Roman Spain: Conquest and Assimilation. Generalisations about the Roman empire remain just that, and it's a mistake to think that things happened in Spain and Africa as they happened in Britain and Judea.
    Just an FYI, I private messaged Camikaze about your condition that you didn't get the confirmation email that is keeping you locked out of CFC. Sorry you're going through that, it will probably take some time for him to come online and read the message.
    Hilarious and gratifying, because the way they've gone about is so desperate. In Scotland, the bill was proposed, hammered out and passed over a course of years, with the general support of parliament and the public. In England & Wales, it was rushed through by an unpopular government trying to manufacture itself a legacy, against the protests of its back-benches and electoral base, who remained staunchly bigoted in this as in all other respects. The Tories look like fools and gay folks get to marry; I could not be happier.
    Well, practically all mods are compatible with any other mod. You have just to merge the files properly. For example, if two files of the same mod have the same name you should choose which to keep and which not. Moreover, make sure that the files you keep can work together.
    The conflict is over as far as I'm concerned. Just don't expect me to talk to you again with regard to modmodding.
    Who? A lot of their original posts have been preserved in others' quote boxes. You just have to look around a bit.
    That's because I don't have any more time to waste compared to when I still was active in OT, because both work and RL kind of picked up over the last months (in a good way). I have trouble keeping up with maintaining my own mod at the moment.
    lolwut o_O.
    I suggest you delete it, and try to replicate the problem (or better: not to).
    That should go in the C&C section ;).
    To answer your question (longer):
    Your windows probably doesn't display file extensions (as it is by default).
    If you activated that (somewhere in the explorer options), you'll see that there's a Civilization4.ini, and a Civilization4.ini.bak (=backup).
    You've been editing all the time the .ini.bak, because due to your settings you saw it as .ini, because the .bak was hidden. You didn't see the real .ini, because the .ini extension was hidden as well. So you believed you edited the .ini, but you were editing the .ini.bak, which was restored to the original .ini settings after every start (it's the backup of the .ini, so every start: ini.bak = .ini).
    -> you need to edit the right file.

Hope that helps you :).
    Crusader Kings II is more like EUIV; cleaner, neater and definitely more organized than EUIII. It's also tons of fun.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom