N
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• I was just using the post to confirm that I was there and playing, like everyone else was doing. The thought just crossed my mind and I wanted to bring that to your attention. :dunno:
    " To give you the general gist of it, you may play as Ireland, and you can survive the years, and maybe you can even emerge as a middle level power, but you cannot become a global power with the economy to equal that of Spain. I will strive to create an enjoyable game for all players regardless of size. "

I want to clarify this is in response to the "England More Wealthy Than Spain Scandal" in BirdNES3? i.e. Mainland Ireland can't be more wealthy than Mainland Spain in a precipitous and unreasonable rise over a mere handful of turns. OR does this mean that even if I managed to beat the English in a series of wars and eventually inherit them through marriage, then conquer a large empire, blah blah luck/skill, I can never surpass Spain no matter what?
    AFAIK Indian states generally had cores of relatively large standing armies, that could be bolstered or maintained with feudal levies. The largest states had armies in numbers of upwards of 100K foot soldiers (depending on the time period), along with several thousands of cavalry and several thousand elephants. I'd imagine minor states would be an order of magnitude less. Specifically in regards to ~1500, Vijayanagar in particular had a rather powerful navy. Since Vijayanagar was basically the most powerful state in this era, and AFAIK was fairly typical, here's a good wiki page. I don't think mercenaries were that widely used.

In GDP, (by modern borders), India in 1500 was basically equivalent to China, (but obviously wasn't united at all.) That's all I really know.

I don't know specifics beyond that, or any numbers.
    Vaguely (I know far more about the company/raj eras than anything else really) but probably more than most NESers, except Dachs and people like him.

why do you ask?
    Corrected, thanks. To your other question, the "Xian Expansion" only appears as an issue if a nation believes it is at immediate threat from a larger nation that borders it.
    ACZ's final mission is one of my favorites ever in any game. That bit of jousting with Pixy at the end - not only is it difficult in its own right, but thematically it hearkens back to the 'Round Table' and knightly tropes woven throughout the game. I'm glad you managed to get through it.

I was playing SWTOR for a long time, but I stopped recently, partially because of RL. What game playing time I do have has mostly gone to the Dragon Age games lately; I'm hyping myself up for DA:I this fall.
    Fine. Busy in RL. Not all that interested in anything going on in the NES forum at the moment.
    You should also consider the best way to deliver exposition. It's clear this is the story as it happened, not the chronicle, so if you're introducing a million characters you should take time to explain who they are, what they look like, what they mean.

But also not so much time that it bogs down your plot. You don't want people confused OR bored when reading. But overall you need slightly better managed character and setting descriptions.
    One basic thing you can do is make all your tenses accord with one another. Don't switch back and forth between past and present tense.
    There are Economic Policies and Military Policies, you put 1 point in each as Russia (choose one of the policies listed on the front page, if you like, tell me why you chose that). Then tell me what blank lands on the world map you want to take, please tell me if you want to integrate or colonize them. You can also choose to integrate or colonize a non-blank space if the territory's occupant is a minor or secondary power. Finally, if you want, choose a war or two you might fight, why you'd fight it and how, etc. Sound good?
    I currently don't have proper internet at like, all the times that you would. PM me? I'm interested in setting up a multilateral Russia-Korea-Netherlands treaty to set up formal borders in post-war Japan.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom