NinjaCow64
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Not unless you have access to the original models. Civ3 units are assembled and animated in 3D software like Blender, but then converted to 2D sprite sequences. Ironically there's a lot of Civ4→Civ3 conversions (including some leaderheads), but otherwise none of the leading Civ3 artists want anything to do with 4.

From the sound of it, your best bet would probably be Freeciv. It takes a fair bit of exploration to figure out how everything works, but once you know how the individual rulesets communicate with each other adding new units and improvements is about the same as Civ4. The biggest problem (besides criminal lack of n00b-friendly documentation) is the engine is constantly being updated in ways that can totally rewrite coding definitions, and as of yet there's no automatic upgrade tool for outdated mods.
    I know Civ2 graphics can be ported to Freeciv (although modding that game is a PITA, as a lack of progress on the IOT:A mod proves), in fact it even uses several of Captain Nemo's units in the amplio2 tileset. The only static unit graphics in SMAC are the native life; everything else is voxel animation, and I don't know if anyone's taken a stab at modding that.
    if you want to keep the kcuf joke alive, but you really want to keep khanate (because seriously khanate sounds cooler and reminds me of john wayne as khan which is exactly the jingoist film actor which inspires USV), you could also choose to call it the khanate of calcutta. Just a thought.
    BTW for KaiserIOT2 with its reset I am planning to have the Gethic start in Ozzieland (Ayers Rock must be turned into the foundation of a massive fortress!). Warning in advance but I really need the chance to have the Sydney Opera House conduct plays honoring the glory of the Director.
    In the Void game you should make goblins: id leaded creatures who would make lovely and mad civilizations. I hope to sent down the message of necromancy to a mad one. Ask Tolni to co-operate to make them extra-fertile so I can have more deaths to reap and more undead for the first necromancers to rise... all without hindering a rapid population growth.
    You think you would have come to the same realisation if someone wasn't pointing GG's worst stuff out to you?
    The video: The only reason I ended up really aGG was you/a few others so that point rings true.
    I don't buy into the whole "GG is completely evil at this point" for similar reasons. While I think supporting GG is enabling the worst, I know a lot (if not the majority of GG) is quite alright only being moderately gross while finding ways to ignore or dismiss the really bad stuff.
    I... regret losing your game. It is too late for me to reset a good focus as the Norse... but if you permit I could join as the Bond villain esch E.V.I.L from Thor's MPR. Considerations?
    Well if you want to join a game, None Shall Pass 2's sign-ups are still open.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom