Arakhor
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• I just detailed why Palestinian society is different (and other than home demolitions there's literally no way to deter suicide bombers, which I don't think the IRA ever had).

Nassim Taleb is an advocate of this policy, btw, and so far no one's labeled him a war crime apologist like they did with Benny Morris. I suspect that's because Taleb didn't mention Israel in particular.
    I don't see any difference between "can't keep its own citizens safe" and "wouldn't be able to keep its own citizens safe without this policy." In the Palestinian case, there's a huge social incentive to do terrorist attacks, the society is basically tribal (one person's actions reflects on relatives), and attackers, along with their families, receive money from various terrorist organizations. Even without going into specifics, that's strong evidence that the rate of attacks would be a lot higher without the home demolitions.
    Nah, after your message I tried a neutral look at that picture and I think I see where you're coming from. So no excuse needed!
    You know when you said that teenagers can have silly opinions? :p
    Yeah good point, sometimes you remember specific details about people from long ago, but I get the impression that luiz is weirdly obsessed with me
    He doesn't seem particularly bright, although I do find it weird that he's memorized some of my posts and my avatar from 6 years ago
    Remember that luiz is the same guy who saw someone throw a roll of tape at someone else and called it horrible and fascist :p
    Because that's entirely correct. Still though, being in another country doesn't stop a lot of people from supporting political candidates, especially with regards to the US
    Well I was kind of hoping he believed in global warming. Now I see your post I looked at the thread and was disappointed.

EDIT: He isn't posting unpleasantly so I won't mind continuing.
    my eyes have been just the littlest bit wonky for a while. I only just within the past 1 year started to actually need to and/or wanted to wear glasses "full time"

my left eye is worse than my right eye, and I got by for a long time of being lazy in only wearing my (left eye) contact on days when I really needed it . I'm near sighted, so no problem in most day-to-day work that involves computer usage, etc. I got by fine in university class just sitting closer to the front, had my right eye fine legally for driving requirements [plus wasn't really driving until last year of college, as I had apartments within walking distance], etc.

but my right eye has gotten to a point that yea, I do need glasses. And now I like the frame that I have style wise (they are fairly new--did not get them until June or July) compared to the one I had for use before.

Plus waking up in the morning it's too irritating to me to put in contacts.
    Although you scared the hell outta me. "Oh, great, mods have decided to give me another brownie point".
    Ah! Learned a word! Ours fight amongst themselves, usually. The price is too high. We call it gangland violence. Drunk in public is enforced by armed police and/or the need to drive, and most Americans are fine with strongarm criminals getting killed. Now maybe it makes sense. Not sure if we sound scarier than usual now or more sensible. Huh.
    Hehe! Fair enough. The cop I asked for directions was really nice. The families in the park too. There was just this ad about eye contact being super awkward on the train and it seemed to hold over into the streets. Didn't know if there was some social faux pas thing going on or whatever. The sheer amount of cameras is kinda scary too. Like, why do you need so many? What happens without them? In areas with them at home I know that answer. :p I guess I hadn't considered sizing up. The ever prescense of concealed handguns changes the dynamics of potential violence. Particularly for men rather then women.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom